cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi-Costco $1500 CLI to $37.5K (Soft Pull)

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Citi-Costco $1500 CLI to $37.5K (Soft Pull)

@RonM21 wrote:

Congrats @Aim_High  and that's a nice limit!! I would actually use that card and was looking at it prior, but the problem I have Citi is on of those for me that isn't working out quite so well like for others. My CLI's don't really come at all. It's always a no-go with them. I'm actually going to try a strategy with down the road to see if it changes anything.

I'll admit in the several years I've had the DC, I've never let them do a HP for a CLI, but still. It hasn't progressed at all like I've watched others. One of those ymmv sort of things vs profile I guess. 

Thanks @RonM21!  It's odd that Citi isn't working out for you as well, but as I posted a couple of times in-thread, it has appeared to me that they are not as generous as some of the other large banks.  Still, with your $306K CL over a dozen cards, that works out to over $25K per card yet it appears your Citi DC is under $12K?   I haven't let them do a HP but I might consider it under the right circumstances.  It appears to me that they are throttling back their approvals right now.  I've seen other dp's for $500 to $1500 approvals lately.  So waiting until the economy improves might yield better results if you were going to do that. 

My other guesses would be to look at CL relative to income and Debt-to-Income ratios and see if that might be a factor.  They may either think you have enough overall credit or too much debt to accept more credit limit.   And then there is the spend equation, and whether some concentrated spending might help get their attention like it does with some banks. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 21 of 27
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

Congrats @Aim_High  and that's a nice limit!! I would actually use that card and was looking at it prior, but the problem I have Citi is on of those for me that isn't working out quite so well like for others. My CLI's don't really come at all. It's always a no-go with them. I'm actually going to try a strategy with down the road to see if it changes anything.

I'll admit in the several years I've had the DC, I've never let them do a HP for a CLI, but still. It hasn't progressed at all like I've watched others. One of those ymmv sort of things vs profile I guess. 

Thanks @RonM21!  It's odd that Citi isn't working out for you as well, but as I posted a couple of times in-thread, it has appeared to me that they are not as generous as some of the other large banks.  Still, with your $306K CL over a dozen cards, that works out to over $25K per card yet it appears your Citi DC is under $12K?   I haven't let them do a HP but I might consider it under the right circumstances.  It appears to me that they are throttling back their approvals right now.  I've seen other dp's for $500 to $1500 approvals lately.  So waiting until the economy improves might yield better results if you were going to do that. 

My other guesses would be to look at CL relative to income and Debt-to-Income ratios and see if that might be a factor.  They may either think you have enough overall credit or too much debt to accept more credit limit.   And then there is the spend equation, and whether some concentrated spending might help get their attention like it does with some banks. 

Good points @Aim_High .  

As you said it could come down to something they see that just keeps giving me the denial and it could be any of the reasons you mentioned in their view. I don't have any real debt issues but something isn't in agreement with them. But to your point, I may just try down the road with a HP when things open up a little....that combined with some strategy like making them my daily driver. We'll see.

But again congrats on the increase!  It's a definite goal I have...to get up to a limit that high with Citi. 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 22 of 27
blindambition
Senior Contributor

That's quite the limit on a Costco. Congrats on the CLI ❤️ @Aim_High!! Flexin those big CLI guns.

Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 27
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@RonM21 wrote:

.. I may just try down the road with a HP when things open up a little....that combined with some strategy like making them my daily driver. We'll see.    But again congrats on the increase!  It's a definite goal I have...to get up to a limit that high with Citi. 
@blindambition wrote:

That's quite the limit on a Costco. Congrats on the CLI ❤️ @Aim_High!! Flexin those big CLI guns.

Smiley Happy

Thanks, @RonM21!  And best wishes on getting those increases as more time passes! 

Thanks very much, @blindambition!  Love that "big CLI guns!"  Lol Smiley LOL

Business Cards

Message 24 of 27
Azza
Regular Contributor

Citi has been pretty generous with CLIs on my Coscto card.

Congrats on yours! Glad to see that's a normal thing Smiley Happy

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 25 of 27
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 26 of 27
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Azza wrote:

Citi has been pretty generous with CLIs on my Coscto card.

Congrats on yours! Glad to see that's a normal thing Smiley Happy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Citi CLI! 

Thanks @Azza  and @CreditAggieSmiley Very Happy

Business Cards

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.