Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere Card Approval

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Citi Costco Anywhere Card Approval

Well, what can I say. I am a TERRIBLE gardner!

I have mentioned that I wanted a Citi card at some point because the few times I do attend concerts, citi has always offered the best seats through their presale.

Anyways, really wanted Double Cash, but I will get a Power Cash through PenFed at some point, so I also just got a Costco membership.

The bells went off and i thought i might have a better chance at approving for that.

So I did and instant approval for $4k.

Plenty for me as I really just wanted in with Citi and i do very little shopping there, but I def do need to get the stuff there.

So is this considered a true Citi card?

Does this card grow? How does Citi work regarding liking lots of usuage, little usuage, carrying a balance, PIF?

Also, was my $4K SL avg, low, good?

Data:

SL: $4k

I do not know who they pulled yet, but current scores are: EX: 686 TU: 706 EQ: 709

No baddies on EX/TU - 2 old medicals on EQ

AAoA: 3.2 and 4.8

UTI: EX: 19% TU: 21%

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Card Approval

Yes the costco card is a true legacy citi card; Congrats.  It is a decent limit, not huge and not the smallest and should grow with SP cli's every 6 months.. Enjoy

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I think that's a great SL to start with.

Message 3 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity

What is a true legaci citi card? Sorry, still new to all of this Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Total80sKid wrote:

@CreditCuriosity

What is a true legaci citi card? Sorry, still new to all of this Smiley Happy

Legacy citi cards are the likes such as Diamon Preferred, Double Cash, Citi Prestige/Pmeriere, Costco among other cards... Non-Legacy cards are cards such as Sear, Best Buy, etc as those are handled by their retail side.

Message 5 of 39
VipreArmed
Contributor

Congrats.  My scores weren't high enough to try back in April (no prequalifying offers) but Citi Double Cash or the Citi Costco are on my list to apply for once I come out the garden next year.  Costco mainly for the membership, gas and automotive services and double cash for double cash.   Good luck with it.  

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 6 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

So I am 100% in with Citi and if at some point several months down the road, i might have better luck getting another card with them if i take good care of this account?

Message 7 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Oh, yea.

Forgot to add that this was yet another cold app.

No pre-qualifiers for me Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 39
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

Congrats. Great pick up.

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 9 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Total80sKid wrote:

So I am 100% in with Citi and if at some point several months down the road, i might have better luck getting another card with them if i take good care of this account?

Yes since getting my Costco card 6 months ago I have picked up two other citi cards.. Once you show them responsible use you can get any card at least in my experience with them.. They are like any other lender they like to get to know you and once they do the gates are open as long as your profile/income,etc support it.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.