Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa APPROVED!

I just wanted to put this out there. It was a little bit of a hassle for me to get it, so I figured I would share with you guys. 

I recently applied for the Citi Costco card online, maybe a week ago? (cold app) and was instantly denied. Little bit of history: I have been working on my credit since 12/2016 and trying to build it up, back then my scores were around 580 across the board. At the time of application my scores were around 650 all around. 

When I got the denial I was in the middle of an application spree (I was not used to getting any approvals whatsoever so this was super addicting lol). I hadn't read anything here so my knowledge of credit applications and the entire process and recons was pretty slim. Back then I also applied for AMEX BCE (Approved for 2k, yay!), and Discover IT (Approved for 5.5k, woot!). At the moment, I didnt even read any reasons and did not think to call to recon with Citi or anything like that.

Fast forward to yesterday, I have been reading this forum for the past week like my life depended on it, so it just occurs to me to fill out the Citi prequal form on their website, what do you know, prequalified for the Costco card right away!. I also read that Citi's prequals are pretty solid, and since my wife and I do a whole lot of shopping at costco, this is a card that I totally wanted to risk another HP for. So I went ahead and applied, INSTANT DENIAL, again!. This time I had a little more information on my hands, so I called the EO for a recon. I was informed by the very nice CSR that the app was denied because of a collection account I have on one of my reports. This is a small medical bill from 6 years ago, which is also being disputed at the moment, and is the only reason they gave me to not approve my app. I tried to explain to her this account is from 6 years ago and it is being disputed, and to please consider the rest of my credit profile, also I mentioned we do a lot of shopping at Costco and this card is important to us. She sent everything to manual review (honestly I was a bit pessimist about it at this point) and said they would give me a call with a final answer. 

I got an e-mail this morning saying I was APPROVED for the Costco Anywhere Visa Card from Citi. With a SL of $4,000, say whaaa!?!? Awesomeness in the house. I was super excited and just wanted to share with all of you since all the information I have read here has been super informative and amazing to read about. 

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, whether little or vast, it is very much appreciated. 

PS: Pardon any mistakes or missing info, I am new here so most likely the post is not perfect, thank you!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa APPROVED!

Wow congrats on some wonderful approvals recently Op good job
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!. I'm done adding any more accounts for now. I just wanna grow what I have and slowly but surely work on my credit score/profile. 

Message 3 of 9
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi approval!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

good stuff, time to go reap those rewards!

Message 5 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I just got mine on last Tuesday in the mail! I too shop at Costco more then I probably should so I hope you enjoy it!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realize the Citi site would provide preapproval for the Costco card.
Message 7 of 9
someg33k
Established Contributor

Woot! Congrats on a hard earned approval!

Way to not take that denail as final answer Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Citi Costco approval and your recent app spree. Know that you can garden for a while and request CLIs in the future on your new cards. Especially AmEx. Read the forums on AmEX 3CLI very thoroughly before you request the CLI.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.