Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Approval 27 months post- bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Approval 27 months post- bankruptcy

DH is back in with Citi!  Here's his history:

Bankruptycy d/c 7/14.  IIB two Citi cards - AAdvantage M/C for $5800 and Home Depot for $3500.  Fico 08 scores 691, 685 and 677, Income $93,400, Util 4%, CL's of $61K.

His cards - Two Ventures, Penfed Defender and Promise, Discover It, and, now, Citi Costco (he has recently closed all of his retail cards).  Read Scupra's Costco approval post a few months back, and thought DH didn't have a chance.  Reread it again today, and a few other posts, and thought well why not?  

I'm so happy for this guy!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Approval 27 months post- bankruptcy

Forgot to mention his SL - $5,500!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another win for BK'rs! Congrats to you and DH 😊

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, Justagirl! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Simply FANTASTIC !! Weedeb!!. Very happy for your DH!. Not only did he get back in, appears to be a great card at thatSmiley Happy. Legacy card to boot. No maam, bk wont hold us down forever Smiley Wink. Its ok to have some retail cards but if they arent for you, picking great cards that WILL work for you is the route to go. Enjoy the new success. Best wishes for continued success for both of you Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Simply FANTASTIC !! Weedeb!!. Very happy for your DH!. Not only did he get back in, appears to be a great card at thatSmiley Happy. Legacy card to boot. No maam, bk wont hold us down forever Smiley Wink. Its ok to have some retail cards but if they arent for you, picking great cards that WILL work for you is the route to go. Enjoy the new success. Best wishes for continued success for both of you Smiley Happy

Thanks, AverageJoe!  Yep, got himself a very nice card, and just so excited for him right now.  Hit that app button and thought for sure it was going to be a denial.  I just love watching his credit grow - but it's time for him to garden for the winter (Michigan - brrrr)! 

One can get this card with a fairly recent bk, and with prior Citi cards included in that bk.  I haven't seen many approvals under these circumstances, but there have been some, and I'm sure there are going to be many more. 

AJC, as always, sending the best of wishes your way! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fabulous approval for DH - congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Fabulous approval for DH - congratulations! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much, humu! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ahh, the memories of my dear MICHIGANSmiley Happy used to live there when i was younger Dad station in Navy. Only 4 years but to this day , Pistons for life hahaSmiley Happy miss the snow tooSmiley Happy great night as wellSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.  Thanks for the data points as well.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.