Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Approved!

Got a free Costco $60 membership today through a Navy Fed promo. So I take the certificate to the store to activate my membership and they offer the Executive membership for another $60 but you get a $60 giftcard if you app the Costco Visa and are approved. This is my first Costco membership so I was going to app the card anyway. I was approved in store with a $5500 SL and now essentially got a free Executive membership! Haven't gotten a HP notice yet. Does Citi do SP approvals when you already have a Citi card? Some data points that aren't in my sig: 57k income, AAoA 2.5 years, no baddies on all reports.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Approved!

Congrats m8

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wedge

Did you just purchase the membership on line at costco.com? That's what I did and printed my cerificate.  Havent gone to Coatco yet to pick up my cards. Waiting until next weekend since tomorrow is my first 91+, but just want to wait until my statement actually posts Friday. My plan is to also appp for the Citi Costco card. But want to see first how I make out with a Navy increase and 2nd card.

Just wanted to make zure I did the membership purchase right.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice WedgeSmiley Happy Enjoy your new card but dont forget to use your Navy card lol
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wedge any HP yet? Let us know who they pulled if and when...

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@wedge

Did you just purchase the membership on line at costco.com? That's what I did and printed my cerificate.  Havent gone to Coatco yet to pick up my cards. Waiting until next weekend since tomorrow is my first 91+, but just want to wait until my statement actually posts Friday. My plan is to also appp for the Citi Costco card. But want to see first how I make out with a Navy increase and 2nd card.

Just wanted to make zure I did the membership purchase right.

Thanks!

I got an email from Navy Fed with a link that had to be followed to get the $60 credit. Getting my membership card and apping the Visa at the store was an easy process.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh boy.. someone posted that they received the email. I contacted Navy via chat to ask about it, I never received an email or a link 😓. She didnt say I needed one, but I didnt ask...

I guess I will have to call and see if they will reimburse me. oh well, if not wont be the end of the world..

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an email from.navy inviting me to use my DEBIT visa ( i also have visa signature cashbrewards) for 60$ costco credit.

I just dont have time to go toc costco store this weekend so i havent done any certificate purchase yet.  Citicostco card is good that it earns 4% on gas but their redemption is yearly i think ,and thats making me debate if i prefer this card over aarp with 20$ minimum redemption to checking.

Message 8 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the card!

I have the Citi Costco Card as well.

I’m on a super low income and nobody could pay me enough to sit in those absurd gas lines to save $0.10 Smiley Tongue
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@wedge any HP yet? Let us know who they pulled if and when...

Still no HP notifications. I will update once I confirm.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.