firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa

Congratulations enjoy it.

Message 14 of 17
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Congrats! Haha! I love the "heart beating in my ears" bit. I always feel the same way when I hit the "Submit" button. I just tell myself "It's ok if you get denied, it's ok if you get denied" over and over again. I'm always happily shocked when I get accepted.

AU

Message 15 of 17
BijouMan
New Contributor

@Mike1014805 wrote:

So, in the last 6 months, I've opened up 7 new credit cards. I'm moving, and starting from scratch, so I've been applying for cards that have the 15 month 0% APR introductory periods, to pay for furniture, appliances and so on. My credit scores are now in the 680s-710s because of this.

I was on Credit Karma earlier and saw that my odds of getting approved for the Costco Anywhere Visa were "good" and was shocked to see this. I know not to trust Credit Karma, because it's all based on marketing for your approval odds. However, I've never seen "Good" before as an option; it's always been "Very Poor" whenever I looked it up on there.

I decided to actually read the reviews of getting approved, and lots of people with a 750+ credit score reported getting denied left and right. Almost all of them reported having "very good" to "exceptional" approval odds on Credit Karma before applying. Yet, they were all denied. I also read that CITI Bank is very inquiry and new account sensitive. I didn't think my chances of approval would be that great. But, I figured, I already have 7 inquiries/new accounts on my credit report, what is 1 denial out of 7 approvals, right? 

I went to CITI's website, and filled out the information. The little wheel spined for about 60 seconds, and I could hear my heart beat in my ears while I waited. The Costco Anywhere Visa has always been my "Goal Card" in terms of accounts. To my pleasant surprise, I was instantly approved for $4,100....which is an odd starting limit. But it made me ecstatic. (I know never to carry a balance, and always pay off twice a month with this card).

If anyone is curious about my application info:

Costco Member for 5 Years

Income: $ 55,500

Credit Age: 12 Years

Total Credit Available: 30,000 (now 34,100)

Inquiries: 7 within the last 6 months

Bureau Pulled: Equifax

Equifax Credit Score: 689

Does the 2% cash back at Costco apply to all Costco locations, or just USA locations?

Message 16 of 17
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.