Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costco Anywhere approval

After having been rebuilding and working on my credit for a number of months now, I decided to take a shot in the dark and cold app the Citi Costco Anywhere Visa card. Initially, I had received the 7-10 day notice due to a fraud alert on my file. Made a quick phone call to the application line, spoke with a live agent, had them verify some information and do a quick callback (to make sure I owned the phone # too), and BAM! Approval!!! 5,500 SL with a Experian HP (673 on FICO8). I was almost in tears - I've never been able to just *get* a credit card that wasn't at $300-$500 or so without it being secured, and I'm almost 30.

For some background, I have a few lates and baddies, though all charge-offs were 2+ years old and paid or cancelled, and last late was 4/2018. My credit has always taken a beating in the past, and only recently did income and such stabalize to the point that I felt I could apply for a card cold and actually have a shot at getting one. Look forward to getting it in the mail soon!

14 REPLIES 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere approval

Congrats and nice SL!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After having been rebuilding and working on my credit for a number of months now, I decided to take a shot in the dark and cold app the Citi Costco Anywhere Visa card. Initially, I had received the 7-10 day notice due to a fraud alert on my file. Made a quick phone call to the application line, spoke with a live agent, had them verify some information and do a quick callback (to make sure I owned the phone # too), and BAM! Approval!!! 5,500 SL with a Experian HP (673 on FICO8). I was almost in tears - I've never been able to just *get* a credit card that wasn't at $300-$500 or so without it being secured, and I'm almost 30.

For some background, I have a few lates and baddies, though all charge-offs were 2+ years old and paid or cancelled, and last late was 4/2018. My credit has always taken a beating in the past, and only recently did income and such stabalize to the point that I felt I could apply for a card cold and actually have a shot at getting one. Look forward to getting it in the mail soon!

Congratulations on getting a card with a very nice grownup starting limit. 

Enjoy. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a terrific card. Good job getting on track, full steam ahead!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's Awesome!!! Congrats! Thanks for the data points. I too can feel you, finally on track to be able to app for whatever. Must say it feels good. I want to get the Costco card but I'm going to wait as I just had an app spree.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious how many inquiries you have?
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

8, including the Costco app. There's actually ~25, but they haven't dated off yet (though they were supposed to in March) which were all auto loan related.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man that's awesome. Such a good feeling! Thanks again for the info.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

you did it will ferrell GIF

Message 9 of 15
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  Great SL!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.