cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costo & Chase Hyatt. Many INQ. (long for data points, limits in bold)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costo & Chase Hyatt. Many INQ. (long for data points, limits in bold)

Stats for research purposes, cards and limits bold for quick tl;dr purposes.​

Haven't been hanging around here too much. I went a little crazy after discovering this place (shopping cart trick is dangerous!) and saw my rising scores (High 400 Nov 14   to    700 +/- 15 very quickly) fall after being inundated w​ith new accounts, inquiries, and balances. I paid interest which I swore I would never do. Multiple times.

After giving up daily MyFico I was able to cool it a bit, well that and app'ing for a QS1 and getting a 500 limit! My Venture was at $6700 so that.. that was not good.

I've been semi patient, dropped util, and I guess did that thing called gardening...

Before my 2 apps today:

Avg Income, probably slightly higher than usual university student.

AAoA: 1.2 - 1.3 yrs

EX: 23 INQ (13 1yr) 10% util
TU: 18 INQ (10 1yr) 10% util, 1 C/off over 6.5 yrs ago

Highest bank limits: Venture 6700, BofA 5900, BCE 4200
(store cards from 10k (reduced myself from 17k) all the way to $850)

My secured discover took 15-16 months to unsecure and I'm still at $300.

Citi Costco Visa - got a message to call in with an app ID for instant decision. After 6 min hold, told I was approved for $5k. Got email confirmation shortly thereafter, yes!

Relevant info: I've had a citi simplicity since Nov 2015 which I maxed 2x with BT and have it to under 30% right now. $2100 unwavering limit.

Chase Hyatt - got 7-10 day after app, email with 30 days, phone status 30 days, called immediately the verification number and after 10 minutes and 1 text was told I was approved for another $5k! I have tried Chase 2-3 times so it feels good to get in with them through Hyatt. 

The only report I know that was pulled was a TU for Chase Hyatt (I'm in TX). I don't know if they doubled, or what citi pulled. 

Hope these stats prove useful to someone in a similar situation. 

PS: seriously don't go crazy with the SCT! I have closed every card that I don't use regularly (ie if card coupons are worth more than CB elsewhere) and very much regret the hit my acct age took with all the ones I opened. 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costo & Chase Hyatt. Many INQ. (long for data points, limits in bold)

Congrats! Good SL on both cards  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Stats for research purposes, cards and limits bold for quick tl;dr purposes.​

Haven't been hanging around here too much. I went a little crazy after discovering this place (shopping cart trick is dangerous!) and saw my rising scores (High 400 Nov 14   to    700 +/- 15 very quickly) fall after being inundated w​ith new accounts, inquiries, and balances. I paid interest which I swore I would never do. Multiple times.

After giving up daily MyFico I was able to cool it a bit, well that and app'ing for a QS1 and getting a 500 limit! My Venture was at $6700 so that.. that was not good.

I've been semi patient, dropped util, and I guess did that thing called gardening...

Before my 2 apps today:

Avg Income, probably slightly higher than usual university student.

AAoA: 1.2 - 1.3 yrs

EX: 23 INQ (13 1yr) 10% util
TU: 18 INQ (10 1yr) 10% util, 1 C/off over 6.5 yrs ago

Highest bank limits: Venture 6700, BofA 5900, BCE 4200
(store cards from 10k (reduced myself from 17k) all the way to $850)

My secured discover took 15-16 months to unsecure and I'm still at $300.

Citi Costco Visa - got a message to call in with an app ID for instant decision. After 6 min hold, told I was approved for $5k. Got email confirmation shortly thereafter, yes!

Relevant info: I've had a citi simplicity since Nov 2015 which I maxed 2x with BT and have it to under 30% right now. $2100 unwavering limit.

Chase Hyatt - got 7-10 day after app, email with 30 days, phone status 30 days, called immediately the verification number and after 10 minutes and 1 text was told I was approved for another $5k! I have tried Chase 2-3 times so it feels good to get in with them through Hyatt. 

The only report I know that was pulled was a TU for Chase Hyatt (I'm in TX). I don't know if they doubled, or what citi pulled. 

Hope these stats prove useful to someone in a similar situation. 

PS: seriously don't go crazy with the SCT! I have closed every card that I don't use regularly (ie if card coupons are worth more than CB elsewhere) and very much regret the hit my acct age took with all the ones I opened. 

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Cat Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Good for you for having the resolve to take a hiatus from MF. I agree with you, the SCT can be the devil! Congrats on your success. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all!

and as it turns out, Citi pulled EQ which has the same 6.5 yr + bad mark as TU ane chase double pulled with EX and TU.
Message 9 of 10
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

NBB11

congrats, and interesting on the pulls.

I app'd for Citi Costo Visa got 2K yippie as I only had one other open card at that moment.

also app'd for Best Buy, got a "needs further review" message. no dates or time frame.

I had used the CreditBoards pull list and saw that most people were showing those as recently pulling from EXP in my state and EXP had my highest at 721, TU and EQ are 682 and 658 respectively but they show a collection and EXP is clean and had only 3 inqs showing. TU and EQ each had 2 inqs. Instead, for me, Citi hit my EQ twice in a row. So now I have 4 there and they hit my TU for the Costco Visa as well.

In same spree got AMEX BCE 1K , HP on EXP and Car Care $700 pulled TU. Then app'd for Blispay and was rejected, will not know reason until snail mail shows up in a couple weeks.

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.