Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Citi Custom Cash CLI

Today I requested a limit increase on my Citi Custom Cash and I was approved for a $1500 increase.  I had previously been denied for increases on this card 3 times. I asked after 90 days with the CCC and was denied for too many inquiries on my Equifax. I waited until I hit 6 months and asked again, and was denied for too many newly opened accounts (Approvals at the time: 2/6 and 4/12). Same denial reason when I asked at 7 months (Approvals at the time: 2/6 and 3/12). Yesterday made 8 months with the card and had I not seen a Youtube video today that the algorithm put on my timeline I probably wouldn't have tried.

In the video the Youtuber said you could be denied for too many inquiries or new accounts if you have more than 3 in the last 6 months. Looking back when I got denied at 90 days for too many inquiries I had 4 inquires on my report (the 4th actually being from the CCC approval 90 days earlier). This morning I double checked and I now have 0 new accounts in the last 6 months and only 2 inquiries in the last 6 months. Saw it would be a soft pull so I submitted my request for a CLI for the 4th time.  Happy I got increased! 

Approved 5/1/22

Today's Fico 8 - 741

New Approvals: 0/6, 3/12, 4/24

Equifax Inquiries: 1/6 (Dec 1, 2022), 1/12 (Dec 1, 2022), 4/24

Typical Spend: about $200 - $300 a month (after meeting the welcome offer spend)

Use it as a gas card and PIF each month. $0 balance today

Had only $58 in spend in December due to Amazon Prime promo 10% back on gas.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 12.17.06 PM.png

20 REPLIES 20
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash CLI

Congratulations!

Yeah, they keep declining my requests due to too many inquiries. I only have two, and one of them is for getting that card. I'm thinking that when this next statement cuts I should be in the clear.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 762, EX8 774 as of February 22
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE6 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 2 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@mgood wrote:

Congratulations!

Yeah, they keep declining my requests due to too many inquiries. I only have two, and one of them is for getting that card. I'm thinking that when this next statement cuts I should be in the clear.

@mgood  Thank you! Hopefully the next time you ask they also tell you yes! Best wishes to you when you do ask again! 

I forgot to mention when I got denied at 90 days for 2 many inquires, 2 of my 4 inquires were with Citi. The oldest one was for me asking for a limit increase on the Best Buy Visa card which is issued by Citi, and the other one was for the Citi Custom Cash approval.

So 2 of the 4 inquiries were from me trying to further my relationship with them. I guess the algorithm they use didn't care at all about that.😂

Message 3 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Citi Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 21
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi CLI!!

Message 5 of 21
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Nice one, congrats on the increase

Message 6 of 21
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Citi Custom Cash CLI

Message 7 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Citi Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

@cashorcharge  thank you! 

Message 8 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Congratulations on your Citi CLI!!

@JoeRockhead  thank you! 

Message 9 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Nice one, congrats on the increase

@PullingMeSoftly  thank you!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.