Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Custom Cash - Update: Approved

Good evening all,

Just applied for the Citi Custom Cash.  Got the following:

We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you in approximately 7-10 days regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online. Thank you for requesting a Citi Custom CashSM Card.

So I've tried to read on here and this isn't uncommon.

My question is - what counts as "recent" accounts?

Meaning about a month ago I opened up a new Elan Cash Max Preferred Card as well as a checking account with that bank (Park National).  The credit reporting bureaus show that as two new seperate accounts, but would a credit card issuer view that as one or two?

Last one before that was in Jan 2022 for USBank - same sort of deal - opened a Cash+ card along with a checking acct at USBank.

For reference I have 0 utilization, 830-840 credit score, mid 100k salary and total amount of credit is $182,000.

Rare for me to not be immediately approved for something, but what the hell do I know.

It's almost exciting really if I don't get approved.  I feel like a rebel.  Is that wrong?

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash - Got the 7 to 10 day pending approval message

@Anonymous wrote:

Good evening all,

Just applied for the Citi Custom Cash.  Got the following:

We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you in approximately 7-10 days regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online. Thank you for requesting a Citi Custom CashSM Card.

So I've tried to read on here and this isn't uncommon.

My question is - what counts as "recent" accounts?

Meaning about a month ago I opened up a new Elan Cash Max Preferred Card as well as a checking account with that bank (Park National).  The credit reporting bureaus show that as two new seperate accounts, but would a credit card issuer view that as one or two?

Last one before that was in Jan 2022 for USBank - same sort of deal - opened a Cash+ card along with a checking acct at USBank.

For reference I have 0 utilization, 830-840 credit score, mid 100k salary and total amount of credit is $182,000.

Rare for me to not be immediately approved for something, but what the hell do I know.

It's almost exciting really if I don't get approved.  I feel like a rebel.  Is that wrong?

Well I'm glad you're enjoying the drama Smiley Happy How can that be wrong? Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be outdone, and I can't control myself - I just applied for the USAlliance to get the 6% off grocery stores until the end of 2023.

I have too many **bleep** credit cards over the last 30 years.  Feel like Mike Myers and "Middle Aged Man". "I'm middle aged man...I know how escrow works!"

Just bored quite frankly and trying to get more cashback.  I think I have 5 checking accounts and probably 14 credit cards dating back the last 20 years.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow such a thick file and a high score and they didn't immediately approve, what is wrong with them Smiley Very Happy whereas in my case...lol. GL! I think you'll get it?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frankly, no I don't think I'll get approved.

My wife pisses me off by the way.  We've been married 17 years; together for 20.  Our finances have been intermingled since we got married.  When I met her, she was out of control with CC spending.  So bad that it made the most sense for her to do a bankruptcy the year before we got married.

Fast forward to 2020:

I apply for a AOD card, get denied.  "Too many inquires!"

Her?  Instant 5k approval.

Tonight she applied for the Citi Custom Cash, instant $5700 approval.

Me?  7-10 day waiting period.

My credit score is about 50 points higher, I'm 49 and never paid a bill late in my life, pay all cards to zero twice a month, and I make 2.5x what she does and have been in my field since 1995.  I got the bachelor's, her the associates.

But she always wins on these approvals.  I have no idea really what FICO wants from me. 

Having said that, it's quite possible I have too many cards in my name, too many checking accounts, and apply for something about 1-2 times per year.  But this is addictive.  I'm the type who would carry around 45 cards if it meant I saved an extra dollar.  I do the finances here damnit!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm such a square that getting denied credit seems somewhat exciting.  Thrilling for some reason.

About 4 years ago our local gas station had their pumps malfunction.  It was very strange that my wife and I were in our own cars heading to work at the exact same time, but we were.  Instead of the $3.99 or whatever the gas price was, the pumps were reading .10 (ten cents) per gallon.  We both filled up and left (we were running late for work).  After work, I stopped by the station and paid them the difference in what I was charged but also my wife's charges.  She told me I should have let it go - I told her that's not the right thing to do.  The store owner was so thrilled I came back in there - he said they'd lost over 3 grand that morning with the pump prices.

I still to this day tease her about her scruples for certain situations.  "Pay that medical bill now honey - you're not going to try to rip them off like those sweet owners at the Marathon are you?"

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is effing hilarious Smiley LOL but how is apping 1 or 2 times a year a lot? Seriously? Not in MY league, see my sig, especially ex hp inq Smiley Embarassed 

Rooting for ya, if u get denied, where's the hope for me 😅  I also got Elan late last month for a mere 500, almost immediately after getting 3 cards Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree I don't think it's too many, but banks do.

The problem I have is the cards I really care about have stupid silly high limits that I'd never use.

Example:  I'm still on the really old Penfed Cash Rewards that's 5% at the pump (circa 2009).  It has a like a 25-27k limit on it.

Just check this morning - both Citi & USAlliance are still pending.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting on Citi.

But this just came in:

Thank you for choosing USAlliance for your financial needs. Your Credit Card Application has been approved.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coming up all ME this morning.

Citi just called, asked to verify my name & address, and the credit product I applied for (Custom Cash).

I confirmed, and she said "Congratulations, you've just been approved for $11,600 - card will arrive in 7-10 days".

Email just came in confirming.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.