cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC: $4,000 CLI...was it worth the HP?

tag
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Citi DC: $4,000 CLI...was it worth the HP?

Congrats on the increase!

Message 11 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Citi CLI Smiley Happy 4K is a good increase with this bank.

Message 12 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

$4k relative to your limit is actually a pretty solid increase for a HP from Citi.  I sort of followed the same path as you... got the DC card, got a first SP CLI after maybe 6 months, then after I crossed 1 year and I was up for another CLI I went the HP route after reading lots of threads on here where a handful of members received significant increases.  I was a bit let down with an increase of around 40% of my current limit at the time after reading some stories about HPs yielding 100%-150% increases on DC cards.  Overall I think you made out pretty well, as percentage wise your HP increased you about 70%.

Message 14 of 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$4k relative to your limit is actually a pretty solid increase for a HP from Citi.  I sort of followed the same path as you... got the DC card, got a first SP CLI after maybe 6 months, then after I crossed 1 year and I was up for another CLI I went the HP route after reading lots of threads on here where a handful of members received significant increases.  I was a bit let down with an increase of around 40% of my current limit at the time after reading some stories about HPs yielding 100%-150% increases on DC cards.  Overall I think you made out pretty well, as percentage wise your HP increased you about 70%.

Yeah I read a lot of large increase stories too. I didn't mean to sound ungreatful in my post. I'm happy I was able to coax 4K out of them in one increase. With my income/spend I really don't need any of my cards to be higher than 10k under any normal circumstances. I've been running $1,000-$1,500/month through this card so 6K will leave me in a far more comfortable position now! I love my DC and think it's a great non-category "catch all" card. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you've been 2 for 2 on CLI attemps, so chances are you've got one of those profiles where they'll bump you up every 6 months if you ask, even if those increases are relatively small in the $2k-$3k range.  That's all good though, as walking a limit up over a couple of years will ultimately get you to where you want to be. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on what you got. Hopefully the recon works for you. If not, take it as a lesson learned.

Message 17 of 18
ghost-cell
Valued Member

Everyone's idea of "worthwhile" is different.. personally I think you're not doing too bad. x4 increase in about a year, and during bad economic times. Think of it like getting a new, small-ish cc. Plus, the hp will stop affecting your score in a year, and fall off your report in another year after that. Congrats!! 

Have -

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.