Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC $4.5k! (Before lift EX freeze)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC $4.5k! (Before lift EX freeze)

Yay! One pull using Equifax (which only has 3 inqs... LOL!)

755 EQ score, thank you Citi. 

Approval image:

http://puu.sh/q7R8g/d32a20274c.png

Shoutout to kdm for telling me to just app for what I want lol. 

PS: Getting this card MAINLY because of the  VAN feature. I already have the bucksback 2% card, but I thought it was worth it for this (esp. since it's only a EQ pull.) I've been using my dad's citi DC for months. Thought I should get my own for the VAN feature which I absolutely love. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B4 I lift my EX freeze...Citi DC $4.5k!

Congrats! Citi DC is very nice CC to have Smiley Happy ... Welcome to DC family.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B4 I lift my EX freeze...Citi DC $4.5k!

Thanks! Finally happy to be part of the DC family. (My dad is as well so his DC gets some rest Smiley Tongue)
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC $4.5k! (Before lift EX freeze)

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay! One pull using Equifax (which only has 3 inqs... LOL!)

755 EQ score, thank you Citi. 

Approval image:

http://puu.sh/q7R8g/d32a20274c.png

Shoutout to kdm for telling me to just app for what I want lol. 

PS: Getting this card MAINLY because of the  VAN feature. I already have the bucksback 2% card, but I thought it was worth it for this (esp. since it's only a EQ pull.) I've been using my dad's citi DC for months. Thought I should get my own for the VAN feature which I absolutely love. 

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Man LOL

Message 4 of 16
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the DC approval and on the excellent SL!  Smiley Happy  Also j/c and not to go OT, but can you please elaborate on what does the "VAN" acronym/abbreviation you mentioned stand for?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Congrats on the DC approval and on the excellent SL!  Smiley Happy  Also j/c and not to go OT, but can you please elaborate on what does the "VAN" acronym/abbreviation you mentioned stand for?

Of course I can. I would love to for galahad!!! 

The VAN feature is the virtual account number feature. It generates random credit card numbers for you. So you open up an application from your account, enter an amount and/or expiration date for the card, then you just use it online one time! It's great for me because I use paypal and ebay a lot. I don't want paypal storing my card information because I have multiple paypal accounts. If you try adding the same card, it says "this card has already been connected to another account". To counter this, I just generate a crap ton of card numbers so that the card numbers are temporary, and paypal never really knows my real card number. It's also great if my account gets hacked because by then, I can either close all of my VAN or the cards already expired (I usually set them to expire within 1 month). 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting the card you wanted

Message 7 of 16
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats !

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! Congrats!  That is a decent starting limit too!  I would say 100% unequivocally you could have that at 20k in a year or less.

Glad u got 0 for 18 months instead of the 12 months many are seeing. That is awesome.  I see many apr reductions in the coming years as well.

off topic but what bank of america card are you applying for?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.