Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC $7000 SP CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC $7000 SP CLI

Received a $7000 SP CLI today on my Citi DC taking me from $12,300 to $19,300.  Overall I'm satisfied with the CLI, especially since with a HP CLI from them on the same account 6 months ago I only got $5000.

My goal is a $25k-$30k limit on this card and honestly I'm not willing to give up another HP to get me there right now (although I know I would get it).  Anyone that has gotten a SP CLI from Citi or has knowledge on the subject, how soon after receiving one have you ever seen "SP language" on your account suggesting that you may be able to get another?

I'm pretty sure with Citi there isn't a 6 month rule like there is with Amex or Capital One for example and that people have reported successful SP CLIs in closer proximity to each other.  Any info here would be very helpful, so thanks in advance.citi 7k CLI 051118.jpg

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi DC $7000 SP CLI

Congratulations!!   nice CLI!

Message 2 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, Citi is 6 months between sp cli and any one who has gotten more is more or less the exception. I cant even get a $1 sp increase so 7k must feel like a cool milSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 22
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations BBS on a significant increase! You probably could get to $30k today with the HP but looks CiTi likes your profile now so why waste it.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on very nice CLI

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I"ll catch up to you in two years lol
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditNo, Citi is 6 months between sp cli and any one who has gotten more is more or less the exception. I cant even get a $1 sp increase so 7k must feel like a cool milSmiley Wink

Gotcha, I must have misunderstood in thinking you could get a CLI in < 6 months.  Does the "SP language" become available at times in less than 6 months, but it's simply not worth trying to go for one since you can't get it... or, does the language not even appear for 6 months following a SP CLI?

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great SP CLI. I saw the soft language a month after having my cards. But I never got a CLI until about a week before my 6 months were up. I did read one DP about someone getting on at 60 days which is the only reason I went for it early this last time. But it was only a week early. $1500 on both of them. 

Message 8 of 22
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

That's a helluva sp CLI, Brutal!  Great job.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also add a data point here that I had a very heavy spend last cycle.  I brought my balance up to near $11k (of my $12,300 limit) and had to make a $1000 payment mid-cycle in order to make another purchase that put me at a $12,100 balance on my $12,300 limit.  A week later I made $9000 payment.  I'm thinking that the fact that I had to make an extra payment just to use the card as much as I wanted to was probably a good "look" in terms of needing a stronger than average CLI. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.