Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC $8000 SP CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC $8000 SP CLI

@Gmood1 wrote:
Same with Bank of America, one can get in real trouble with their cash transfers from card to bank account. Lol

+1

Message 21 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Gmood1, good post!
What portion of you credit limit did the Mortgage payment use up..
I am waiting for my DC to grow as well!

The mortgage combined with daycare, along with some general spend as well as a flooring project this past January. We put just over $35k through the card in the 12 months prior to the last CLI. 

I always pay the mortgage portion before the statement cuts. That's just to make sure it never showed in the CB reports, only internally with Citi.The rest reports as usual. 

The mortgage was roughly 50% of the original SL. Then down to around a steady 7% after first major increase . I was mainly more focused on the 6 months to yearly usage totals. 

I wanted to show a steady solid use of the card. Also don't be afraid to request more after a SP CLI if you feel it wasn't enough. I've done that as well.

Besides the mortgage portion. We allow all transactions from all CC's to report to the CBs. Just my personal beliefs that showing lenders usage, even from other lenders helps to​ reinforce we are transactors and use credit cards for nearly every bill. One auto loan is the only bill in the entire household not paid by CC.

Some folks get CLs based solely off income. I believe mine are based off steady reporting of usage. 

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I started with a low limit of around $4k or so, and when I was able to do a HP CLI I got it up to I think $20k.  Over the past two years I've hit the SP luv button and mine is now up to about $30k also, nice card to have around to make big purchases on and not spike up the overall utilization.

Message 23 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks Brianm0121, yes it is! It and the BCP are still probably the most used cards in the arsenal. I wish all banks allowed for SP increases. Citi has been good to you as well!
Message 24 of 29
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

How did you get a SP CLI? I go into the app and it says to answer 3 questions and ill get a decision in 24 hours and they will need to do a HP. Is that because a SP CLI is not available? I have only had 1 statement cut so far. I was just playing around int he app.

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 25 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

How did you get a SP CLI? I go into the app and it says to answer 3 questions and ill get a decision in 24 hours and they will need to do a HP. Is that because a SP CLI is not available? I have only had 1 statement cut so far. I was just playing around int he app.

The SP language should appear around 180 days after activation. For some it appears sooner. Rule of thumb, wait atleast 180 days in-between request/ CLI. You can request as many times as you like when it appears. But chances are it will give you the same denial until that 180 days has passed.

Citi has been strict in not giving CLIs on this timeline with me. If you want a higher limit after SP CLI, do it immediately after. If you wait to long. You'll be locked out of consideration for 180 days IME.

My account always displays the CLI language now.

PSX_20170526_113803.jpg

Message 26 of 29
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I see what you mean now. I logged into their website and I see the Pre-approved verbiage but there is nothing there. The section below where it asks the 3 questions is a separate section. Kinda misleading but glad I didn't fill it out. lol 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 27 of 29
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Congrats on the nice increase! For CITI, that's a large increase.

Just wondering how do you pay your mortgage with a credit card?

Thanks,

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 28 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Congrats on the nice increase! For CITI, that's a large increase.

Just wondering how do you pay your mortgage with a credit card?

Thanks,

UM

I use Plastiq. Best to catch them offering a promotion. Sometimes they give a promotional rate on MasterCards or Amex. I have it set to autopay monthly. I get an alert from Citi that Plastiq charges the card and then another from Plastiq a few days later. Letting me know the payment has been sent.

My rate is 1.75%. Standard is 2.5%. Some members here have 1.5 % rates. Using a 2% or more cash back card. The service cost me nothing.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.