Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC Approval and CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC Approval and CLI

Applied for it on the 8th and instant approval for $7.9k.  Card arrived on 5/15 and logged in to request a CLI, I requested $20k (aim high).  Email said it was sent for review.

About 30 minutes later got an email stating they couldn't not approve me for $20k but approved for $12.9k (HP appeared this morning dated yesterday).

Weird that my Citi Costco doesnt have an option to enter how much more I want, i get a denial for a CLI EVERY SINGLE time.  All well.

Did burn Citi on ch7 on 10/2010

17 REPLIES 17
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi DC Approval and CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for it on the 8th and instant approval for $7.9k.  Card arrived on 5/15 and logged in to request a CLI, I requested $20k (aim high).  Email said it was sent for review.

About 30 minutes later got an email stating they couldn't not approve me for $20k but approved for $12.9k (HP appeared this morning dated yesterday).

Weird that my Citi Costco doesnt have an option to enter how much more I want, i get a denial for a CLI EVERY SINGLE time.  All well.

Congrats on approval and CLI. Mine started at $9k and have been getting SP CLI's. Just got another to $15.1k.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, so i should expect a SP CLI in say 3 months? lol

Message 3 of 18
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I tried this past February and got instantly declined. Called to recon and lady said she'd have to pull my credit again, but the reason for the initial denial was the 2011 BK, and I'd get denied again anyway. So, I said no thanks. I already have this card and other Citi CCs as AU, but I've been wanting to get my own.

Edit: my Fico 8 scores are all in the 750 range

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I am still waiting for my first approval with Citi Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Citi has been a hard one for me after my Chapter 13 many years ago. I finally got my DC up to 8.3k and it has taken two years. Yours is outstanding! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I cant even get Citi to offer me any cli and my updated score with them is 771 . 2 years and I only see the blue not the greenSmiley Wink.

Outstanding sl, enjoySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on the approval. I tried this past February and got instantly declined. Called to recon and lady said she'd have to pull my credit again, but the reason for the initial denial was the 2011 BK, and I'd get denied again anyway. So, I said no thanks. I already have this card and other Citi CCs as AU, but I've been wanting to get my own.

Edit: my Fico 8 scores are all in the 750 range

If your BK is from 2011 and you got denied in February 2018, maybe try again on February 2019 when your BK is 8 years old.  Mine is 8 yrs old.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! I am still waiting for my first approval with Citi Smiley Frustrated

Been waiting forever to get this. Finally off my list!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.