Did you mean: 

Citi DC Approval and CLI

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi DC Approval and CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on the approval. I tried this past February and got instantly declined. Called to recon and lady said she'd have to pull my credit again, but the reason for the initial denial was the 2011 BK, and I'd get denied again anyway. So, I said no thanks. I already have this card and other Citi CCs as AU, but I've been wanting to get my own.

Edit: my Fico 8 scores are all in the 750 range

If your BK is from 2011 and you got denied in February 2018, maybe try again on February 2019 when your BK is 8 years old.  Mine is 8 yrs old.

I came across a couple of threads that mentioned Citi's "rule" of 7 years post BK. Not sure how accurate that is, and if it's from filing or discharge, but I applied at 6 yrs 11 months from filing without knowing that. Oh well... 

Message 11 of 18
jlitnns
Established Contributor

I don't even see an option or where to request a CLI on my Costco card. I've only had it for 2 months so I'm not due but I'd smash if I knew it was a SP decline...Robot LOL

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on the approval. I tried this past February and got instantly declined. Called to recon and lady said she'd have to pull my credit again, but the reason for the initial denial was the 2011 BK, and I'd get denied again anyway. So, I said no thanks. I already have this card and other Citi CCs as AU, but I've been wanting to get my own.

Edit: my Fico 8 scores are all in the 750 range

If your BK is from 2011 and you got denied in February 2018, maybe try again on February 2019 when your BK is 8 years old.  Mine is 8 yrs old.

I came across a couple of threads that mentioned Citi's "rule" of 7 years post BK. Not sure how accurate that is, and if it's from filing or discharge, but I applied at 6 yrs 11 months from filing without knowing that. Oh well... 

Not sure on that one.  What i do know is that it clears from your reports 10 yrs from FILE date not D/C date.  AND some people get lucky and are able to remove the ch7 a couple of months before.  Mine is due to fall on July/2020, but will try on May 1st.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

I don't even see an option or where to request a CLI on my Costco card. I've only had it for 2 months so I'm not due but I'd smash if I knew it was a SP decline...Robot LOL

Yeah, mine appeared after 3 months.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousUmm, so i should expect a SP CLI in say 3 months? lol

It's to my understanding that when you request and receive a CLI from Citi and get it that you have to wait 6 months until you are able to achieve another.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which bureau did they HP?

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Which bureau did they HP?

EQ

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.