Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC - Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC - Approved

This is my first application ever that resulted in app remorse.  I can't really justify this card because I already have the PayPal 2% MC (and I prefer that cards reward structure).  The brightside is I've figured out that I need to chill out for a while and get back to my well thought out, strategic apps.  Some travel cards are getting cut this year so cashback cards will fill the gap.  It had a bonus $100 for $500 in spend.

I almost didn't report this card here because I'm a bit embarrased about impulsively applying but I live for data points (and find its useful to others) so here it goes:

Cold App - No preapproval

Instant Approval - $7000 (Hopefully, there's some SP love in my future.)  Not sure of APR yet.

Experian Only Pull - FICO 8 - 749

Experian Inquiries - 14

2 - Last 3 Months (There's currently a pending TD Bank app out now.)

5 - Last 6 Months 

Average Age of Accounts - 7y 4m

Age of Oldest Account - 14y 2m

Accounts Last 6 Months - 6

Cap 1 Venture - Dec

Macys - January

PayPal 2% - Januarry

Amex PRG - April

BoA Alaskan - May

Navy Platinum - May

Accounts Last 12 Months - 12 (3 just aged to 1yr 1mo)

Accounts Last 24 Months - 15 Reporting

That was cathartic.  Off to not apply for a while though I still can't find the entrance to the garden.  I feel like its hidden for me like the entrance to Wakanda.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC - Approved

Congrats? Well at least there's the SUB and a decent SL!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 3 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my first application ever that resulted in app remorse.  I can't really justify this card because I already have the PayPal 2% MC (and I prefer that cards reward structure).  The brightside is I've figured out that I need to chill out for a while and get back to my well thought out, strategic apps.  Some travel cards are getting cut this year so cashback cards will fill the gap.  It had a bonus $100 for $500 in spend.

I almost didn't report this card here because I'm a bit embarrased about impulsively applying but I live for data points (and find its useful to others) so here it goes:

Cold App - No preapproval

Instant Approval - $7000 (Hopefully, there's some SP love in my future.)  Not sure of APR yet.

Experian Only Pull - FICO 8 - 749

Experian Inquiries - 14

2 - Last 3 Months (There's currently a pending TD Bank app out now.)

5 - Last 6 Months 

Average Age of Accounts - 7y 4m

Age of Oldest Account - 14y 2m

Accounts Last 6 Months - 6

Cap 1 Venture - Dec

Macys - January

PayPal 2% - Januarry

Amex PRG - April

BoA Alaskan - May

Navy Platinum - May

Accounts Last 12 Months - 12 (3 just aged to 1yr 1mo)

Accounts Last 24 Months - 15 Reporting

That was cathartic.  Off to not apply for a while though I still can't find the entrance to the garden.  I feel like its hidden for me like the entrance to Wakanda.

7k is a decent SL for that card. When I got the DC I was approved for 2k, and stuck at that level for several years.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah..uhhh.. I'm still trying to figure out what you are embarrassed about? lol

Congrats on the very nice SL. The Citi does have some nice perks even though they're being nerfed a little. Sure you have another 2% CB card, but they aren't from the same lender. These lenders from time to time will send you offers. That's where having a different lender backed card can be beneficial.  Just because the rewards are similar, doesn't mean they do everything the same.

My limit started at $3000 and stayed that way for a year.

It's been 3 yrs and I still haven't found that darn garden.😂

Message 5 of 11
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval!  Nice SL

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yeah..uhhh.. I'm still trying to figure out what you are embarrassed about? lol

Congrats on the very nice SL. The Citi does have some nice perks even though they're being nerfed a little. Sure you have another 2% CB card, but they aren't from the same lender. These lenders from time to time will send you offers. That's where having a different lender backed card can be beneficial.  Just because the rewards are similar, doesn't mean they do everything the same.

My limit started at $3000 and stayed that way for a year.

It's been 3 yrs and I still haven't found that darn garden.😂

The embarrassment was from app remorse and this card not being part of my app strategy for a while. Essentially, I jumped the gun and I’m normally pretty regimented in my approach. Also, after reading my post I just determined I’m a bit dramatic too.  Lol. 

But hey, you made me feel better. Diversification of my card portfolio and potential future offers is a solid explanation. I’m running 🏃 with that.

Thanks 🙏!

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Uhm, I'll take a 7k app remorse over my stagnant DC anyday of the week , twice on SundaysSmiley Happy.

Appers Remorse was the bomb. I love that track, sounds even better on CDSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AJC.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the DC and nice SL. Smiley Happy     I have that one on my list for a someday, so the DP's help 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.