cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC CLI but a question about citi message.

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Citi DC CLI but a question about citi message.

Since, I couldnt wait for SP wording message on my citibank.. I decided to go for it and request 10K and they increase it from 2.4K to 7.5K  and got the message in documents saying its the max they could give based on my income, does this mean if I try it for other CLI a year from now I would most likely to get this message ? I hope I am not at the max exposure with Citi.  see below.   So far no alerts from MyFico or Credit Karma for HP so maybe I got lucky and it was done thru SP ? we will see. EDIT:  opened this account in December of 2015.

We’ve increased your credit limit to $7,500
We’ve increased the credit limit on your Citi® Double Cash MasterCard®
account. Your new credit limit is $7,500 of which, $800 can be used for
cash advances.
We couldn’t approve the total increase you requested because your new
limit is the maximum amount allowed for the income you provided.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi DC CLI but a question about citi message.

Wow, surely does look like based on income. If you dont mind sharing, what is your stated income ? I dont make much so seeing this doesnt give me much hope ill ever see a big jump on my low $1200 DC. I used a hp trying to increase i didnt even get a counter and my 6 months just passed and no sp language either. This will definitely be good data points. Thanks, and congrats on what you did receiveSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, surely does look like based on income. If you dont mind sharing, what is your stated income ? I dont make much so seeing this doesnt give me much hope ill ever see a big jump on my low $1200 DC. I used a hp trying to increase i didnt even get a counter and my 6 months just passed and no sp language either. This will definitely be good data points. Thanks, and congrats on what you did receiveSmiley Happy

41K , I am hoping to get more a year from now but I think I will leave it alone at 7.5K but  I am gonna try to get CLI on Cabelas Visa before they complete the transfer to CapOne.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@SnowBowl wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

41K , I am hoping to get more a year from now but I think I will leave it alone at 7.5K but  I am gonna try to get CLI on Cabelas Visa before they complete the transfer to CapOne.

Grats on the CLI Smiley Happy

I suspect its all they will give you with your present credit file. I report less than you on a yearly basis and have mutli cards over 10K and 1 over 20K. I dont do business with Citibank, I am referring to cards issued by other banks.

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to you on the CLI! I get those all the time with lenders, but then like 6 months later I get an increase, LOL..
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.