Senior Contributor

Re: Citi DC Surprise Approval!!

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 12 of 29
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi DC approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 13 of 29
everest
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Citi approval, especially with your thin file! That 2% sure is nice Smiley Happy 🎉

Message 14 of 29
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  As I said before:  good scores, pristine file, 1 year history, and decent income should equal an approval and it did.  Probably could have skipped the sturm und drang.  

Message 15 of 29
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Citi DC CLI.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 16 of 29
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Congrats! Getting those first "good cards" is always a great feeling in the rebuilding process!

Message 17 of 29
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

DP UPDATE on the inq and score: myFICO finally showed the alert that EX was pulled yesterday 3/28.  So app was Friday, went to pending, the HP didn't occur until Monday morning, and was pretty much instant approval once it was considering the approval occurred early morning.

EX dropped -19pts from 770 down to 751, that's a pretty huge drop for an inq, though not super unexpected for a thin file. That's why I agonized so long before apping anything! I assume that doesn't include the drop for the new account until next month, so it'll be a somewhat bumpy score for EX for a while. Not sure how long that takes to recover.  Very glad I subscribed to myFICO now.  Pricy, but the information on the scores in real-time is very helpful this month and next.

Also not sure how much that should or shouldn't affect how/when I approach the next app.  Both FNBO and Chase (The next 2 cards I'd be going for, with Chase Amazon being 6-12 months after the next one) are likely to pull EX, so that's the one they'll see, especially with the probably further drop when the new account reports.  May have to wait longer for that after all if that could send me into the 600s.

Message 18 of 29
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

January 2024: Experian 761 Equifax 762; Transunion 764

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $9,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $3,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 19 of 29
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@uncredited wrote:

DP UPDATE on the inq and score: myFICO finally showed the alert that EX was pulled yesterday 3/28.  So app was Friday, went to pending, the HP didn't occur until Monday morning, and was pretty much instant approval once it was considering the approval occurred early morning.

EX dropped -19pts from 770 down to 751, that's a pretty huge drop for an inq, though not super unexpected for a thin file. That's why I agonized so long before apping anything! I assume that doesn't include the drop for the new account until next month, so it'll be a somewhat bumpy score for EX for a while. Not sure how long that takes to recover.  Very glad I subscribed to myFICO now.  Pricy, but the information on the scores in real-time is very helpful this month and next.

Also not sure how much that should or shouldn't affect how/when I approach the next app.  Both FNBO and Chase (The next 2 cards I'd be going for, with Chase Amazon being 6-12 months after the next one) are likely to pull EX, so that's the one they'll see, especially with the probably further drop when the new account reports.  May have to wait longer for that after all if that could send me into the 600s.

About what I'd expect. I lost 17 points (EX 8) from my first hard pull on Experian. Including the HP, I ultimately ended up losing almost 50 points in total after my second card reported, though my age loss was much more severe than yours will be (due to a 20+ year old AU card). After about 3 months, I was back up 13 points, and took a second HP on EX. Which was much cheaper, only costing 7 points. Since that second HP was a successful FNBO app, I suspect if you wait a couple months you'll be fine.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.