Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC and Delta Gold SkyMiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC and Delta Gold SkyMiles

So these are a couple weeks old, and I wasn't going to make a post. I realized since then that my Citi card is kind of an anomaly after reading the forums, so I figured I might as well provide some info for more data points.

I recently have been racking up my rebuilder cards for an out-of-state move after a few months of being unemployed. That's mostly behind me, but I got bored a couple weeks ago and was checking out the preapproval sites, hoping something might come along to improve my utilization. 

I was surprised that Citi came back with something. I thought they were strict. They gave me a $2k DoubleCash card, really nice of them, I'm gonna use it as my main card as soon as I get my Delta miles squared away. The "anomaly" besides even being given the card is it is kind of a low SL with an automatic World Elite status. I didn't think it even meant anything at first, and to be honest, it still doesn't Most of the perks are for things like upgrades at hotels I can't afford in the first place, but it's still kinda nice.

My other win was Delta Gold, which I heard is pretty easy to get. They courted me a lot during my unemployment, so I held off. I could use the points, so I said hey, if I got one new card today, let's do two. They approved me for $1k. Yes, I got in for the 50k miles after $2k spend in 3 months deal. That guarantees me at least my flight to Florida this winter, plus I have to go out of state for the holidays now and can use it for that as well.

I'm gonna garden these for awhile now and see how much I can milk them for points and stuff.

A little about my credit situation, I'm low-mid 600s right now and have been for a few months. I messed up my credit in my 20s by being poor and then even poorer, so I stopped caring for a long time and didn't bother with cards at all until 2015 when I came out of student loan rehab. My baddies are all old, but I have a pretty low AAoA for my age, I think. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC and Delta Gold SkyMiles

Amazing approvals.  Congrats.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Your AmEx will grow. My Delta has already went from 1k to 3k after 2 months.

Message 3 of 9
greent
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.

Message 4 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!
Message 6 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 7 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats OP!  Are those your current scores in Signature?  Very nicely done especially with citi if so!  Citi hates me for whatever reason, only nut I can't crack yet..Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.