cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC approved! Weird with low scores, lots of inquiries and baddies.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC approved! Weird with low scores, lots of inquiries and baddies.

Against my  better judgment, I applied for the DC based on prequal. I was pretty sure I would end up with a no or a super low CL. My APR is super high, but I  was qualified for  $1500 and I PIF with with the exception of my Disco card at about 15% utilization. This will complete my trio of cards for now - Discover IT ($2400), Capital one Journey ($2700), now citi DC ($1500). I will be getting a car loan with a good rate from my credit union in a couple of months - I have already had that conversation with them when I went in to talk to them.

After that, I have to head to the garden for a few months. Or years. 

ETA: I have a motherload of inquiries. My lowest is TU with 6. Highest is equifax (ithink) with 10. The scores in my sig are current. And I have some major late pays (90+ days) as recently as 2015. Weird. Felt weird when I gott approved with Discover with even lower scores a month or so ago...

I don't know why they want to give me cards!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi DC approved! Weird with low scores, lots of inquiries and baddies.

Hey congrats on the approval, but I hardly think 6 to 10 inquiries is the motherload compared to some of us on here 😂
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Against my  better judgment, I applied for the DC based on prequal. I was pretty sure I would end up with a no or a super low CL. My APR is super high, but I  was qualified for  $1500 and I PIF with with the exception of my Disco card at about 15% utilization. This will complete my trio of cards for now - Discover IT ($2400), Capital one Journey ($2700), now citi DC ($1500). I will be getting a car loan with a good rate from my credit union in a couple of months - I have already had that conversation with them when I went in to talk to them.

After that, I have to head to the garden for a few months. Or years. 

ETA: I have a motherload of inquiries. My lowest is TU with 6. Highest is equifax (ithink) with 10. The scores in my sig are current. And I have some major late pays (90+ days) as recently as 2015. Weird. Felt weird when I gott approved with Discover with even lower scores a month or so ago...

I don't know why they want to give me cards!

Your inquiries are far from the mother load. You have to work harder and pile alot more than your baby number of inquiries to have the mother load bragging rights.

Don't worry about inquiries, it's part of the growing pains. It's just a small pimple on some of our butts. 

Message 3 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I agree Donny 😂
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Hey congrats on the approval, but I hardly think 6 to 10 inquiries is the motherload compared to some of us on here 😂

Ain't that the truth! Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
I'll trade you INQ's 😂
Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Op.

LOL, never bring a pea shooter( 6-10 inquiries) to a sword fight (20 + each bureau for many) here in Ficoland hahaSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry, I'll get there soon enough! Smiley Wink

I must, however, stop apping until after my car loan. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mother load of INQs lol... it's funny how that's the thing that most of us found hilarious... less than 20 per CRA and you don't get invited to this party of myfico nuts haha.

Congrats on the card! I may add it to my wallet further down the road.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.