Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC approved against all odds!

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Citi DC approved against all odds!

So, I had a very unsuccessful mini-spree today. I apped for 3 cards and was declined for all 3. Why did I keep trying? I don't know-judge me if you want LOL. Anyway, even after 3 HPs and plenty of discouragement, I checked Citi's prequal just for fun. It showed a prequal for the DC with a 15.24 APR. I thought what the heck and applied, assuming another denial. To my surprise I was approved with a $3,700 limit! I also got to keep the APR of 15.24. Now I just hope the DC grows well....

Stats--scores between 720 and 740, inqs 2-4 on EQ and TU but 8 (yes, 8. Go ahead and judge me) on EX. Income 32k, AAoA a little over a year.

The stars must have just aligned given my previous misfortunes. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC approved against all odds!

Congrats on the Citi DC! That’s a really solid 2% Card, and I use mine regularly. Citi is quite a conservative lender, so a really nice SL as well! Your inquiries don’t seem terrible, not great, but I’ve had much worse myself! You may want to garden a while and let the HPs cool and heal. If you don’t mind sharing, what we’re the denials?
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your DC approval! Persistent paying off and not going down without a fight! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 15
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats...Smiley Happy... I had the opposite type of luck with them..... Approved for 5 cards in one week but denied by Citi....my only denial.... Maybeeee I shouldnt of applied for them last lol
Message 4 of 15
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  I have nothing but good history with my Citi AAdvantage, it will treat you well!

Message 5 of 15
stephenskd
New Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 6 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the Citi DC! That’s a really solid 2% Card, and I use mine regularly. Citi is quite a conservative lender, so a really nice SL as well! Your inquiries don’t seem terrible, not great, but I’ve had much worse myself! You may want to garden a while and let the HPs cool and heal. If you don’t mind sharing, what we’re the denials?

Thanks! The US Bank Cash+, BofA Cash Rewards, and Wells Fargo Cash Wise were all declined LOL The DC has actually been my goal card for a long time. I just didn't have the guts to try for it.

Message 7 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@MrDFinance wrote:
Congrats...Smiley Happy... I had the opposite type of luck with them..... Approved for 5 cards in one week but denied by Citi....my only denial.... Maybeeee I shouldnt of applied for them last lol

I applied for them last LOL. It just goes to show you how strange and unpredictable credit can be... 

Message 8 of 15
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

I would try and recon but chase was apart of that spree and my luck they will approve my Citi and chase will shut me down for credit seeking lol.... I'll just garden for now until I get my CSR and then give Citi another shot.....
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.