Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC meh CLI $23.3k --> $26.3k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC meh CLI $23.3k --> $26.3k

My CLI today (6 month mark since my last) on my Citi DC card was a bit of a let down, $3000, taking me from $23,300 --> $26,300.  My first 3 CLIs on the card which started at $7300 were all in the $5000-$7000 range, so I was expecting today's CLI to land at least somewhere in there.  I was actually hoping for a bit more, since I've now had the account 2 years and from what I've seen/read Citi seems to get more comfortable extending [additional] credit as time elapses.

I'm not sure why this CLI was less than my previous ones.  I give the card pretty heavy use, as it's my daily driver and see's 20-30 swipes per cycle.  In 2018 my spend on the card was around $40k.  

Anyone else see CLI growth on their Citi card subside for any reason and if so, do you have an idea why?

If only I was eligible a week ago from a CLI, I could have taken advantage of the "glitch" and bumped my limit up significantly Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi DC meh CLI $23.3k --> $26.3k

Meh?? Your “meh” CLI is not much less than my SL lol. I want a meh CLI....

congrats!!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 21
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS  on your latest Citi DC CLI, I am looking forward to those types of CLIs for my Citi AAdvantage card!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 21
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

That is baffling BBS on such a small increase. Given your history of spend with them you certainly weren’t rewarded.
I myself took a hp to reach $25k from $3.5k a couple years back. So that might be another option for you there. I currently stand sit at $27.5k after only $1k increases over the last couple years.
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Still not a bad increase.. Not sure of your income, but could be close to getting to your exposure limit with citi possibly as they aren't near as generous as say Discover, Cap1, etc..Possible?  Although you certainly could take a HP and ask for 50k and see what happens and get a counter.  My increase is coming up at end of month ill hit the SP CLI and go from 10.5 to probably 12.5, but most likely will ask for a HP CLI to 35k and see what happens. My income can certainly support a 35k CL from them, whether they are willing to give it is another story, but don't want 2k-3k increase all the time on a card I use quite a bit and dont mind a HP for a decent increase as bene putting anyhwere from 1k-4k a month on it recently.

To bad you misssed the window last week of the SP CLI's to see where you exposure limit landed with them, just like myself :/.. I recently closed a CITI personal AA card for 12.5k so I certainly know I can at least go up by that amount, but hopefully alot more.  As only have Costco and DC with them each at 10.5k

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Meh?? Your “meh” CLI is not much less than my SL lol. I want a meh CLI....

It's all relative.  Meh relative to what I've seen compared to my previous 3 CLIs on this account.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:
That is baffling BBS on such a small increase. Given your history of spend with them you certainly weren’t rewarded.
I myself took a hp to reach $25k from $3.5k a couple years back. So that might be another option for you there. I currently stand sit at $27.5k after only $1k increases over the last couple years.

Yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher.  One of my 3 previous CLIs was in fact a HP and unfortunately it wasn't very lucrative; it was actually less than the SP CLI I got next go-round.  I know some people have had really good luck with a Citi HP CLI (sounds like you're one of them for sure) but based on my previous unfavorable result with one, I don't know that trying again is the right move.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Not sure of your income, but could be close to getting to your exposure limit with citi possibly as they aren't near as generous as say Discover, Cap1, etc..Possible? 

I don't think exposure/income is an issue currently.  This is my only Citi card and its limit is between 1/4 and 1/3 of my income.  I've seen plenty of people here with single Citi cards or multiple Citi cards where total Citi exposure is pretty darn close to their reported income, so I don't believe this to be the constraint for me at this time.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on yopur increase...Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.