Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC meh CLI $23.3k --> $26.3k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC meh CLI $23.3k --> $26.3k

Congrats on you Citi DC increase! Any increase is better than no increase!Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

BBS, after seeing the glitch, and then realizing, No Soup for us. Smiley Sad

my Citi increases have never been like The 4th of July

"Meh"Smiley Indifferent

although My Initial SL was Strong on Both Cards,

increases, well nothing exciting.

Congrats!!

Message 12 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Citi certainly doesn;'t allow 100% of a persons income they are more around 30-50% of income.  Never did a deep dive in on the data points of income to exposure with citi, but they are far more conservative than say chase which will around around 40-60% of income so I would say around 30-40% is about right for them although not certain on an exact percentage i there is one, but certainly not 100% nor near as generous as Cap1 and discover as mentioned.  Sure you probably have a bit to grow, but would be surprised if you got more than say 5-10k more based on information provided, but you certainly can prove me wrong with more sp cli's over the next few years.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps, but I have definitely seen some heavy Citi limits relative to income.

I think the recent glitch is pretty solid proof of that, as it allowed us to see a good 10 people push their limit to whatever internal limit Citi would allow them all at once.  There were people reporting $60k, $70k etc. as their bumped up limit, which at 30%-40% of income would put their income at $150k-$200k+, something I didn't see reported by anyone.  I suppose some of the larger limits I've seen could be outlier examples.  I suppose I'll start a thread just to see what kind of responses we get on this.

Message 14 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps, but I have definitely seen some heavy Citi limits relative to income.

I think the recent glitch is pretty solid proof of that, as it allowed us to see a good 10 people push their limit to whatever internal limit Citi would allow them all at once.  There were people reporting $60k, $70k etc. as their bumped up limit, which at 30%-40% of income would put their income at $150k-$200k+, something I didn't see reported by anyone.  I suppose some of the larger limits I've seen could be outlier examples.  I suppose I'll start a thread just to see what kind of responses we get on this.

We will never know but 150-200k isnt alot for a lot of these people on this forum.  that isn't a ton for a married couple that make each a decent salary only 75k-100k a person which is pretty easy.  Anyways just keep building up with SP's and once you hit the threshold they will certainly let you know by the max exposure letter whenever that might be.  They are still better than Discover on SP's at least for me as you can certainly at least count on two decent ones per year without much guessing Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started a thread for Citi total limits relative to income.  Curious to see if most land or top out at the 30%-40% range, or if we see higher reportings.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Your-total-Citi-limits-relative-to-income/td-...

Message 16 of 21
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats, BBS!!👍👍👍

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 17 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My CLI today (6 month mark since my last) on my Citi DC card was a bit of a let down, $3000, taking me from $23,300 --> $26,300.  My first 3 CLIs on the card which started at $7300 were all in the $5000-$7000 range, so I was expecting today's CLI to land at least somewhere in there.  I was actually hoping for a bit more, since I've now had the account 2 years and from what I've seen/read Citi seems to get more comfortable extending [additional] credit as time elapses.

I'm not sure why this CLI was less than my previous ones.  I give the card pretty heavy use, as it's my daily driver and see's 20-30 swipes per cycle.  In 2018 my spend on the card was around $40k.  

Anyone else see CLI growth on their Citi card subside for any reason and if so, do you have an idea why?

If only I was eligible a week ago from a CLI, I could have taken advantage of the "glitch" and bumped my limit up significantly Smiley Sad 

Congrats on the CLI @BrutalBodyShots! I like how $3,000 is meh to you Smiley LOL When I got my first two Citi cards the combined limits were less than $3k lol You're right with your kind of spend they should be tossing cash your way like it's on fire, but Citi right?

They have been decreasing their regular amounts because I was getting around $8k on CLI's, then down to $5k and most recent was $2k -- based on my recent activity I'm sure they'll be banning me from CLI's for the next 10 years Smiley LOL (limit still intact btw lol)

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is what it is, I suppose.  It's just mildly frustrating that the card I use most (Citi DC) is the one that seemingly is going to take the longest to grow.  I've got $44k and $55k limits on my Discover and Amex cards, respectively, that I use less than 5% of the limit per year, where last year I used around 200% of my Citi DC limit.

Ultimately it's not a huge deal, but last year I did report around a $10k balance on the then ~$19k DC limit, which is higher than I like to show.  Fortunately now after 2 more CLIs that balance would have me under 50% utilization.  Ultimately I'd like this card to get to around $40k or so, giving me plenty of breathing room. 

Too bad I couldn't get in on that glitch last week, as this would all be an irrelevant discussion Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 21
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

congrats.gif

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.