Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred--APPROVED...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred--APPROVED...

So I went ahead and accepted the pre-qual. offer I had on the Citi site for the CDP. 21 months of purchases and BT's at 0% then 12.24% after that--which will be my lowest APR of all my cards. Only approved for $1800, but I was expecting that as I've never seen very many high SL approvals for Citi with scores in my range. Plus the fact if I wanted to I could take another HP for a higher limit once the card arrives--I know it doesn't mean I'll get it though. They were pretty good to me on my Sears M/C CLI last week--$2K to $10K with a SP--and on the retail side with my Macy's and Best Buy store cards, so I figured why not! Plus I had a 20 year mortgage through Citi Financial that I fininshed paying off a year ago which probably also worked in my favor. Funny thing though is I received a pre-qual mailer 2 days ago for the Simplicity--but the APR after BT's was around 21% vs. 13.24% on the Citi pre-qual site---this is the REAL reason I jumped on CDP offer before it went away! Smiley Happy

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred--APPROVED...

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

So I went ahead and accepted the pre-qual. offer I had on the Citi site for the CDP. 21 months of purchases and BT's at 0% then 12.24% after that--which will be my lowest APR of all my cards. Only approved for $1800, but I was expecting that as I've never seen very many high SL approvals for Citi with scores in my range. Plus the fact if I wanted to I could take another HP for a higher limit once the card arrives--I know it doesn't mean I'll get it though. They were pretty good to me on my Sears M/C CLI last week--$2K to $10K with a SP--and on the retail side with my Macy's and Best Buy store cards, so I figured why not! Plus I had a 20 year mortgage through Citi Financial that I fininshed paying off a year ago which probably also worked in my favor. Funny thing though is I received a pre-qual mailer 2 days ago for the Simplicity--but the APR after BT's was around 21% vs. 13.24% on the Citi pre-qual site---this is the REAL reason I jumped on CDP offer before it went away! Smiley Happy

Congrats! What were your scores if you dont mind sharing?

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 2 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@adamkingadam: 671 on EQ--680 on EX--668 on TU.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on your Citi approval. Citi is know to give you CLI via SP if you start with a lover CL. If you use this card regularly, they will bump you very fast, Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, congrats on your Citi approval. Citi is know to give you CLI via SP if you start with a lover CL. If you use this card regularly, they will bump you very fast, Smiley Wink

Thanks Mia25, that's what I'm hoping for. Still undecided though if I want to take a HP upon activation to try to get the limit up so I can SAFELY do a BT or two.

BUSINESS
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

congrats! !!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.