Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred CLI

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Citi Diamond Preferred CLI

Feeling inspired by my wife's $20k Amex CLI I decided to spin the roulette wheel myself tonight.  No go on Discover it card (last CLI for me was mid-March) but I did just get $3500 of soft pull luv from Citi on my Diamond Preferred Card.  I know they've pulled a more recent EQ 08 Bankcard score on me, but I can't see it yet.  Current vanilla EQ08 is 746 and util at about 23% on reports.  Not too bad for 2 SPs on what began as a smaller $5600 card a little over 9 months ago.  As long as it continues to grow, I can deal with Citi being slow and steady with CLIs as long as the CLIs keep coming.  Still planning to PC to Dividend when the time comes.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred CLI

Congrats K and big congrats to DWSmiley Happy.
Message 2 of 11
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Congrats K is your EQ Report clean?

Message 3 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thank you, sirs.  Yes, all of my reports have always been spotless, just held down for many years by high utilization.  I fell into a bad crowd here at myFICO and have a lot of new accounts, so now I'm remanded to custody in the garden.

Message 4 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, Big K!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the progress in the short amount of time.

Is CLI request always soft pull with CITI cards ?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you and the wife!!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats K-in-Boston. 🎉🎊🍾🎈🐬

Message 9 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the progress in the short amount of time.

Is CLI request always soft pull with CITI cards ?

Thank you. When you go to the Increase Credit Line screen, pay attention to the wording. If it specifically says "a credit bureau report will not be requested" it is a SP. If not, it is a HP. After receiving a SP increase, there is an option to request more and that is certainly a HP if you do. Also, with Citi you must wait 6 months between CLIs, although you do not need to have the account open that long before receiving your first CLI. Hope that helps!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.