Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Card approval !

tag
DaveinSC
Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred Card approval !

Citi has a good offer for balance transfers  (0% APR for 21 months)!  I discovered the offer from a link on the Washington Post website.

After reading the offer, reading a lot of reviews on several sites and mulling things over for a day, I took my chance and app'd for the card from their website. Instant approval with a $8,000.00 CL, and a 12.24 % rate (after the 21 month 0% term ends).

The Citi Simplicity Card has the same balance transfer terms, but the APR is mildly higher on the lower end of the offered APR spectrum ( 13.24% -vs- 12.24%).  Not the lowest rate out there, but 21 months of no interest for a balance transfer (with a 3% fee) is tough to beat!

I don't have any experience whatsoever with Citibank. Hopefully, this was a good choice for my portfolio.

EQ: 850 (01/2018)
TU: 830 (1/2018)
EXP: 825 (06/2018)
USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card approval !

Congratz!!!!! Been saving this one for when I need to make a big purchase. Citi is good to have a relationship with.
Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the approval and SL.

In the future you can always request periodic APR Reductions too.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good deal. That's a nice starting limit for that card, and IMO it is always good to have a 0 interest card in one's wallet.

Message 5 of 11
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats on the Citi approval !!

Message 7 of 11
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Nice card.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi imo are very conservative lender. You received a very nice SL and congrats!

Message 9 of 11
lsutigers
Contributor

Congrats! I just pulled the trigger on the diamond preferred, we've got some home improvement things I want to do and couldn't pass up the 0% for 21 months. Approved for $6200. I'll hit the luv button when card is activated.  They pulled experian, score 762

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.