Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond preferred,and the temple of noREWARDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Diamond preferred,and the temple of noREWARDS

Hello, to everyone on the Fico boards...

Soooo......I'm back in with Citi, and off their BLACKLIST  YaY Smiley Very Happy !!!

Data 1st: HP Exp.740
Exp.8inq. SL $500.oo

A lil Back story,during the great recession,when getting a CC or loan only required a pulse Smiley Indifferent lol I had burned citi for double digit/5 figures...(Not the highlight of my life.)

whew...so glad that's behind me, now back in Apr. I apped for the Citi secured CC,not sure why I jus really wanted back in with all the banks I burned. No surprise really, I got  denied...for a secured CC Smiley Embarassed

Fast forward.......>>> Oct.

Ok so, Maybe a week ago I got a pre-selected invite for Citi Diamond preferred with specific Apr. in letter reading here on the forum, this is a really good sign. For someone looking to be appr. for a Citi CC..... I got really excited cause I never received any of there marketing invites before even when I was a customer. So I figured this is my way back in Smiley Tongue !!! Apped and immediately went to review....

A day pass, and I got a Citi email saying I need to call in. And the guy on the phone jus needed to verify me. I jus gave my information waited on hold ...(heart pounding)

Then he comes back with " you will be very happy to know, I got you appr. For $500 initial SL I couldn't believe my ears he welcomed me to the Citi family red carpet congratulations everything...I was sooooo...freaking happy  Smiley LOL

Now I don't know if it's me being cocky or confident. But I knew I could recon my SL....went to backdoor #'s here on myFICO...called and and spoke with a really nice rep. Explain my concern and  BAM !!!!!

CLI +$4500.oo

Was gonna push for more but my SL was so low didn't wanna push it

Citi Diamond preferred CL now $5000.oo !!!!!

ANY Citi Data/info is welcome.... never thought I would be off their BLACKLIST Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Thks everyone who contributes to the boards!!!!!! and Happy Fico'ing!!!!

29 REPLIES 29
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred,and the temple of noREWARDS

Congrats!!! I recently got back in with Citi as well after burning them in 09' BK. Take good care! Smiley Happy

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thisladyz wrote:

Congrats!!! I recently got back in with Citi as well after burning them in 09' BK. Take good care! Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy THKS!!! And Congrats to you....

Its really exciting when a bank lets you back in...Did you cold app?

Message 3 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

Great job!!!! 😃😆

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

Great job!!!! 😃😆

THKS, BALLER4LIFE!!!! Smiley Very Happy

If there ever was a image to show exactly what I was feeling... thks LMAO!!!!

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!

Smiley Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600|Total CL: $153K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!seedling-transparent.png

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

WadeDalton-

Big THKS!!!!
Message 7 of 30
padme
Established Contributor

Congrats for ur foot in the door. Doesnt know if this matters, but i too had financial difficulties, and had to leave Citi at the curb. 4 different cards btw. Fast forward 3 years post BK7, and recently got a Bestbuy Citi visa for 2k. I know its not a real card but good enough foe me.

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

padme-

You definitely got a real CC... congratulations!!!! on getting back in to!!! Thks 😃
Message 9 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats wonderful news! Much congrats to you on getting back with Citi. The DP card will open more Citi doors for you later down the road as well, since its one of their Legacy cards. I hope to do the same soon myself. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.