Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Approval

tag
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Citi Double Cash Approval

On Oct 19th I decided to see if I had any preapprovals. Well low and behold there was one for the Citi Double Cash card. I applied but it was not immediately approved. I received a message that further processing was needed and that there should be an answer in 24 hours. The next day I called Citi and was told that they couldn't verify my credit information and that I would receive a letter stating what the next steps would be for me to do. The CSR said that the letter most likely would say that I needed to send in some sort of paperwork to complete the processing of my application. I never did receive a letter from Citi. After two weeks of waiting I decided to call again and the CSR asked me if she could call me on the number listed on my application. Of course I told her yes. After this call, which I assume was their way of verifying my number, she said congratulations we were able to approve you. The starting limit is only $1000 but that's ok because I will grow this card just like I did my others. Hopefully it doesn't take that long though. I tried calling to get an increase so that I can take advantage of the 0% balance transfer but unfortunately they said hat they couldn't raise the limit. They pulled both Equifax and Experian. These FICO scores are 642 and 647 respectively.

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
10 REPLIES 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Approval

Congrats on your approval -  give it a bit of time and try the CLI button to grow your CL. The website will tell if HP is required or if CLI with SP is an option. I would only do it with SP option.

Message 2 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Congrats on your approval -  give it a bit of time and try the CLI button to grow your CL. The website will tell if HP is required or if CLI with SP is an option. I would only do it with SP option.

+1.  Congrats on the approval and good luck on the future CLIs.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to goSmiley Happy. I would also give it time. As im rebuilding, my EQ is still low and with Citi's Fico 8 bankcard score still languishing in the abyss, itll probably be a long while before i even get the sp language. I even tried a hp for cli but Citi is no Synchrony lol!. I personally wont use anymore hps for my DC, so ill just wait for sp language even though thats not gaurenteed. This is just my experience, yours may be different. Best of luck on growing your new DC baby Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting the DC, albeit with some effort.  Once your 3rd statement cuts, try seeing the magical SP language and jump on it !

But remember the basics, you'll only get the other 1% on your payment and at least two payments in a month (Citi gives you two auto payment options) makes you look pretty good.

The above is my personal experience - yours might be different (or better).

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyVee

For SL recon...You use back door#

?????
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyVee wrote:
On Oct 19th I decided to see if I had any preapprovals. Well low and behold there was one for the Citi Double Cash card. I applied but it was not immediately approved. I received a message that further processing was needed and that there should be an answer in 24 hours. The next day I called Citi and was told that they couldn't verify my credit information and that I would receive a letter stating what the next steps would be for me to do. The CSR said that the letter most likely would say that I needed to send in some sort of paperwork to complete the processing of my application. I never did receive a letter from Citi. After two weeks of waiting I decided to call again and the CSR asked me if she could call me on the number listed on my application. Of course I told her yes. After this call, which I assume was their way of verifying my number, she said congratulations we were able to approve you. The starting limit is only $1000 but that's ok because I will grow this card just like I did my others. Hopefully it doesn't take that long though. I tried calling to get an increase so that I can take advantage of the 0% balance transfer but unfortunately they said hat they couldn't raise the limit. They pulled both Equifax and Experian. These FICO scores are 642 and 647 respectively.

Congratulations on being approved!  And like you said, you can grow it like your other cards. Smiley Happy Good job! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! on your new Citi DC approval.

If you don't mind another HP yes you might call them to try the Recon on the starting limit but since it's your first card with them, and coupled with those current scores, it might be better to give it a couple of statements first.

It's hard to predict with Citi sometimes, but in my experience with a first Citi card @$800, I called the U/W backdoor after only 2 months and with a new HP they raised my limit to $2000!

It's been steadily climbing ever since every 6 months.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 11
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@LadyVee

For SL recon...You use back door#

?????

No I didn't, I believe I just called customer service and they tried a SP for the increase request. 

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.