Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash Approval

I’ve had my eye on the Citi DC card for sometime and decided to apply. Cold applied online and received an instant approval for $3,600. Fico 8 scores were Ex 690, Eq 701, T 716. They pulled Ex and I took a hit of -4. 

Interesting to me me was how fast the new account reported. It reported to all 3 before I even received the card. Also interesting to me was that as I received the new account hit alerts from myfico I noticed that the new account did not drop my score on any of the big three. Hmm, first time I ever had that happen. 

Received the card yesterday and asked for a HP increase to 20 K. Just got the counter today of 7K. I think I may be at my ceiling because my Citi AA card is 19K. Income is 107K. Interesting, when they HP’ed me for the increase they pulled EX again. Also interesting when I looked at my new myfico inquiry I received no ding. Weird, but I’ll take it. 

Just wanted to share my data points. Thanks for listening. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Approval

Thanks for sharing, I'm kind of torn, I want this card but I really want to app for the Costco card as well. I'm waiting until June/July though and my scores should be where yours are right now. I would really like to have a $4-5k SL and no prior history with Citi other than HD card but not sure if they really look at that when app'ing for these cards.

Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats!

It's really a great card to have and adds up pretty quick as well. 

@Anonymouswrote:

I’ve had my eye on the Citi DC card for sometime and decided to apply. Cold applied online and received an instant approval for $3,600. Fico 8 scores were Ex 690, Eq 701, T 716. They pulled Ex and I took a hit of -4. 

Interesting to me me was how fast the new account reported. It reported to all 3 before I even received the card. Also interesting to me was that as I received the new account hit alerts from myfico I noticed that the new account did not drop my score on any of the big three. Hmm, first time I ever had that happen. 

Received the card yesterday and asked for a HP increase to 20 K. Just got the counter today of 7K. I think I may be at my ceiling because my Citi AA card is 19K. Income is 107K. Interesting, when they HP’ed me for the increase they pulled EX again. Also interesting when I looked at my new myfico inquiry I received no ding. Weird, but I’ll take it. 

Just wanted to share my data points. Thanks for listening. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on you Citi approval and successful CLI!!

I got mine about a year ago and was able to get them to lower my APR to their lowest level by getting incremental decreases. My account wasn't even a month old when I started getting it lowered

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on on your new Citi and for asking for a CLI and getting it!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.