cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Approved After Calling In!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash Approved After Calling In!

I've been lurking here for the past few months but I decided I need to finally create an account so I can make this post.

Here's a quick back story: In May of this year I applied for the DC card but was denied after they were ultimately unable to verify my address since I had moved 6 weeks prior. This was extremely frustrating since I wasn't denied because of my report but because by address couldn't be verified. This app in May put my EX report at 6 inquires (3 from auto refinance, 1 from new apartment, and 2 CC inquires) in 6 months and I was afraid that I would be denied if I didn't wait until September when 3 of those would be older than 6 months. I read that you can get them to pull EQ if denied for inquires so I wasn't TOO worried. I was advised to wait 2 months before applying again to give their system enough time to pull the right address.

Needless to say, it has been 2 months so I applied again today using a reservation code from a targeted mailer but did not get an immediate approval. I received an alert from Credit Karma that they pulled both EQ and EX which I am okay with since my EQ report looks way better as far as INQs go am planning to garden for 2 years so the INQs fall off. I was upset that I didn't get immediate approval, so I called the app inquiry line to see if there was any info on me that I could help verify. After asking a few questions and verifying my cell number with a code that was sent via text, the rep put me on hold and came back to tell me that I had been approved with a $5,000 starting limit! I was surprised at the SL since I have read that Citi can be a little stingy. The DC card is what I wanted as a daily driver and the last card I plan to apply for in the foreseeable future. Now I can forget about my credit for a while and start gardening!

TLDR: Was denied in May because they couldn't verify my address within their system. Applied today and was approved with a $5k SL.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS @aeroazure on your Citi DoubleCash approval, the AWESOME  SL, and Welcome to the Citi family and the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! You're just a stranger on the internet to me but it means a lot! I can finally focus on my future credit goals now that I have gotten this milestone out of the way.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting a goal card! Feels great doesn’t it? Enjoy it well Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! You're just a stranger on the internet to me but it means a lot! I can finally focus on my future credit goals now that I have gotten this milestone out of the way.

You are Most Welcome, @aeroazure!

You have joined an AWESOME group of strangers who are here to give you advice and encouragement as you build your credit  and achieve your Goals.  Most all of us started our credit journey in situations much like yours. I started my journey with only a $300 Secured Card.

All the Best on Your Credit Journey! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 15
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Approved After Calling In!

1. CONGRATS!!
2. Address Verification could have been because your current CC's didn't update on your Credit Reports yet with the new address. Future reference when you move before you apply for a CC check and see if your new address is reported on all (3) Credit Reports.
3. CONGRATS AGIAN! welcome to the Forums!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Citi DC approval! 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and welcome to the MyFico Fam! Lots of wonderful, helpful people on here. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFIGuy wrote:
2. Address Verification could have been because your current CC's didn't update on your Credit Reports yet with the new address. Future reference when you move before you apply for a CC check and see if your new address is reported on all (3) Credit Reports.

My credit report had the correct address but the Citi rep told me that they use multiple sources and they all have to match. When I asked which sources she said it's proprietary to Citi. I'm just glad that everything went smoothly after waiting a couple months. 

Message 9 of 15
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, and welcome! At least the SL made it worth the effort. 😊

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.