Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash CLI x 4

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash CLI x 4

I heard from a friend of a friend whose friend called Citi, told them he was a friend of a friend from myFico and that they were giving out free candy. Citi said oh Really? Friend reports he is no longer friends with the friend who snitched so for all the friends out there, freaks come out at night. Oh, and friend did not get cli as csr was unfriendly.

Congrats Joe, your FRIEND, Joe
Message 31 of 40
thornback
Senior Contributor

Dang, Friend!! 

Bets on how long before Citi runs an audit and snatches it all back...? 

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I heard from a friend of a friend whose friend called Citi, told them he was a friend of a friend from myFico and that they were giving out free candy. Citi said oh Really? Friend reports he is no longer friends with the friend who snitched so for all the friends out there, freaks come out at night. Oh, and friend did not get cli as csr was unfriendly.

Congrats Joe, your FRIEND, Joe

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 32 of 40
McNugget
Regular Contributor

I couldn't even make it through this entire thread. How disgusting for people to take advantage of an obvious glitch in their system.

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 33 of 40
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit, I think I know who the friend is .. LOL
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

Bets on how long before Citi runs an audit and snatches it all back...? 

My bet is never.  The percentage of people that were able to take advantage of this is incredibly small, like pissing in the ocean.  I'd like to hear other opinions on it though.

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@McNugget wrote:
I couldn't even make it through this entire thread. How disgusting for people to take advantage of an obvious glitch in their system.

Come on now.

Message 36 of 40
thornback
Senior Contributor

This is true... good point.

@Anonymous wrote:

My bet is never.  The percentage of people that were able to take advantage of this is incredibly small, like pissing in the ocean.  I'd like to hear other opinions on it though.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 37 of 40
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 38 of 40
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, taking advantage of this glitch is or was fine. It isnt our fault someone found a loophole and with how serious Banks make us take our credit so serious, the few who could get abit extra isnt going to break them. As Brutal said, the amount that even got to attempt it was miniscule. I couldnt even get by the s in spSmiley Wink. Sometimes it fun just be to McLovinSmiley Happy
Message 39 of 40
McNugget
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
.... Sometimes it fun just be to McLovinSmiley Happy

I personally do see the problem with what happened, but I'll admit to getting some good laughs at McLovin! 

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.