Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash Card Approval

After going back and forth with Citi for two weeks, sending them documents to verify my information, being told what I sent wouldn't work, sending new documents, being told those wouldn't work either... I finally got an approval!

Congratulations, you've been approved!

We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the Citi® Double Cash Card, with a credit limit of $500. Your account is considered open as of today, 07/18/20.

Your card should be arriving in 7-10 days in a green and blue envelope. To start enjoying the many benefits of your card, activate it as soon as it arrives.

I was added as an authorized user on one of my dad's credit cards about a year ago, and since have been managing that credit card exclusively, and covering all the payments. He pretty much said, "Here you go, don't screw up my credit score or I'll kill you." It is a Citi Dividend World Elite MasterCard with a $38,000 credit limit. I've not missed a single payment, and have never had an interest-bearing balance (I did carry about $3,000 on it for a few months because of a 0% APR promo they gave me, and just paid the minimum payment.)

3 weeks ago, I decided to get my own credit card. My credit score is as follows: 706 EX, 727 EQ, 738 TU, and 794 VantageScore (if that is relevant to anything).

I applied for the American Express Cash Magnet card, and was immediately approved for a $15,000 credit line.

Feeling overconfident, I decided to try my luck at the Citi Double Cash Card, and that's when the 2 weeks of document shuffling started...

Finally, I was approved... with a $500 credit line... Not much, but it gets my foot in the door I guess...

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Card Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 3 of 18
capnsloya
Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 4 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 5 of 18
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Congrats on the approval and getting your foot in the door at Citi!

Message 7 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting in Citis door and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi Double Cash approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 18
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Something is better than nothing so much congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.