Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Credit Limit INCREASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Credit Limit INCREASE

So when I got my shiny new Citi DCB a few months ago they gave me an embarrassing $1200 CL. I repeatedly asked them to increase it as I can't really do anything with such a paltry limit. They didn't buckle and always said I had too many recent credit inquiries on my report. So today I stumbled upon this thread and saw that someone said you should inquire for $25k and they'd counter-offer if they didn't like it. I first went in and requested "a" credit line increase. They bumped me from $1200 to $2600 instantly. At the end of the approval message there's another field asking for a higher increase. I filled it out and asked for $20k (which would result in a HP of course). Now guess what: just got an email that the $20k limit was approved. The DCB has just replaced the FIA Amex as #1 card in my wallet for non-category spend ;-)

Message 41 of 71
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So when I got my shiny new Citi DCB a few months ago they gave me an embarrassing $1200 CL. I repeatedly asked them to increase it as I can't really do anything with such a paltry limit. They didn't buckle and always said I had too many recent credit inquiries on my report. So today I stumbled upon this thread and saw that someone said you should inquire for $25k and they'd counter-offer if they didn't like it. I first went in and requested "a" credit line increase. They bumped me from $1200 to $2600 instantly. At the end of the approval message there's another field asking for a higher increase. I filled it out and asked for $20k (which would result in a HP of course). Now guess what: just got an email that the $20k limit was approved. The DCB has just replaced the FIA Amex as #1 card in my wallet for non-category spend ;-)

GOOD JOB!

Message 42 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  Can you share your stats? I am doing this in December when some of my inquiries age.

Message 43 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:
Congrats!  Can you share your stats? I am doing this in December when some of my inquiries age.

Stats? Dunno! FICO somewhere in the 740-750 ballpark and currently 5 HP or so. My total CL across all cards is somewhere $90k-100k now.

Message 44 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got my citi double cash 4 months ago and i also have the 1200 limit i've tried to increase the limit a couple times but it never asks me online or if i call it in for a number i want to increase to they just say i have been denied. how did you ask for 20,000  thanks 

Message 45 of 71
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Online you don't have an option to submit for a manual review after the computer auto denies?
Message 46 of 71
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm I'm so tempted to apply for a Citi card....which CR do they pull? Please say EX LOL
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 47 of 71
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Had one in the past. Acct was always in good standing.
TCL= $172,800
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 48 of 71
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ex usuallu
Message 49 of 71
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Great.....I have no prequalify jmmmm lol
TCL= $172,800

Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.