Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Six-Month CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Citi Double Cash Six-Month CLI

I wasn't going to do a thread on this one, but on second thought I considered that the data points might be useful to some and with a gentle nudge from @Remedios here I am.  Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, my previous credit line was $10.7k, and my last CLI was on June 29.  Exactly six months would be Saturday, but today is 180 days so with a little encouragement from @K-in-Boston I gave it a whirl and Citi was agreeable:

CitiCLIDec26-2018.png

This account has seen exactly one charge in the last six months (a bag of ice), so Citi definitely doesn't seem to be concerned with usage. 

The card was a Diamond Preferred up until a few months ago, when I called and requested a PC to a Double Cash, as well as an APR reduction.  It's still 20-point-something, but at least it's better than it once was (it was opened at the highest APR). 

I'm not overly concerned with the APR, but like most people I prefer lower when possible, so I'll probably call them again in the spring to see about getting it lowered again.  For some reason they won't do reductions for me over chat... I'm always told to call.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, the card was opened in 2016 with a credit line of $4k, so it has grown nicely.  Smiley Happy

Addtional data points:  minimal HPs, score 780-ish.

Again, shout-out to @K-in-Boston for giving me the nudge to give it a try today.  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Double Cash Six-Month CLI

Congrats and you deserve ALL of the credit. I just peer pressured you into asking today instead of Saturday.
Message 2 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Congrats and you deserve ALL of the credit. I just peer pressured you into asking today instead of Saturday.

LOL!!  Thanks, and I would say this is a good example of positive peer pressure!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 21
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 5 of 21
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Did they pull a soft or hard inquiry - with which bureau?

Message 6 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That bag of ice sure did cost them smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats my friend..  You are an inspiration to the whole forum you can actually garden unlike myself and many others Smiley Tongue.. It shows it does pay off!

Message 8 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats my friend..  You are an inspiration to the whole forum you can actually garden unlike myself and many others Smiley Tongue.. It shows it does pay off!

Thanks so much, my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

I agree... gardening definitely pays off!  (Of course we all know I have my 'moments of weakness' as well, LOL!)  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@trusty wrote:

Congrats!

Did they pull a soft or hard inquiry - with which bureau?

It was only a SP.  I'm not sure which bureau, but there was no delay at all so I suspect they used one they already had on file.  If I had requested more it would have been a HP.

@Remedios wrote:

That bag of ice sure did cost them smiley-laughing021.gif

I know, right?  Smiley Very Happy

I actually made that purchase just a couple of weeks ago to make sure the account wasn't closed for lack of use, since the last time I used it was back in the summer. 

It's hard to make a case to use a 2% card when I have a 2.5% card as well (USAA Limitless), although if I find myself buying something that could be eligible for Citi's 'Price Rewind' that might motivate me.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.