cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash with FICO 750 and only Discover IT card since October, should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash with FICO 750 and only Discover IT card since October, should I apply?

PS: Capital One prequalifies me with the Quicksilver card (1.5% casback, $39 annual fee) both if I put average credit or rebuilding credit (since I've been denied a credit card in the last 3 months). 

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash with FICO 750 and only Discover IT card since October, should I apply?

@Anonymous wrote:

PS: Capital One prequalifies me with the Quicksilver card (1.5% casback, $39 annual fee) both if I put average credit or rebuilding credit (since I've been denied a credit card in the last 3 months). 

Try it again and put in Excellent credit.  Capital One's definition of Excellent is making on-time payments for like 6 months and it looks like your Discover is older than that.  If it comes up with the QS (no annual fee), Venture or VentureOne, I would apply for one of those. 

The QS1 is a really good card, straight up 1.5% cashback.  I was able to get the card upgrade to a QS WMC with no fee after 9 months.  So the card can grow as your profile ages.  You might be disappointed with your starting limit but it will be enrolled in Credit steps and many people including myself have gotten a CLI at 3 months AND the credit steps increase.

Did anything come up on Amex?  Do you know your EX score?

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One's definition for excellent is 3 years history and experience with 5k credit lines.

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't use Amex to pay for my rent so I'm not interested in those.

I'll consider the Quicksilver card.

So do you guys recommend to apply for the Citi double Cahsback or go "safer" with the Quicksilver?

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

By looking at BoA credit cards using their customized offers tool, they recommend their Travel Rewards card. Does this mean I'm prequalified? That card would be perfect, but is it harder to get?

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

By looking at BoA credit cards using their customized offers tool, they recommend their Travel Rewards card. Does this mean I'm prequalified? That card would be perfect, but is it harder to get?

No, usually being 'recommended' a card is not the same as being prequalified for a card.

The Capital One Quicksilver, as pointed out above, seems like a good option for you right now. All Capital One cards also come with no foreign transaction fees (FTFs), which is an added plus if you want to use it in Europe.

If FTFs don't matter as much to you, I would recommend trying for the Citi Double Cash (2% is better than 1.5%) or the Chase Freedom Unlimited (1.5% too, but you can always pair it with a CSP later for a great travel rewards combo). But that's just my personal preference, the Quicksilver is a great card too.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks to all of you. No FTF is actually very useful to me.

I applied to the CapitalOne QuickSilverOne ang got approved with a $2000 credit limit! Yay!

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, OP! That seems like a great card for you, especially with the no-FTF.

If you're so inclined, you might look to PC it to the regular Quicksilver after using it and paying your bills on time for half a year or so - that way, you save the annual fee!

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I think you made the right decision going with the QS1
Message 19 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I think that was the right move. I wasn't sure what would happen if you pulled Citi, due to the prior denial.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.