cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash with FICO 750 and only Discover IT card since October, should I apply?

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash with FICO 750 and only Discover IT card since October, should I apply?

+1

Congrats, OP on the QS1!

Message 21 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash with FICO 750 and only Discover IT card since October, should I apply?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, thanks to all of you. No FTF is actually very useful to me.

I applied to the CapitalOne QuickSilverOne ang got approved with a $2000 credit limit! Yay!

Congratulations. It's an excellent card.

And it will grow.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat! That's a great starting limit. Take a look on the forums for CLI's prior to credit steps kicking in. Usually after 2-3 statements cut.
Message 23 of 28
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PS: Capital One prequalifies me with the Quicksilver card (1.5% casback, $39 annual fee) both if I put average credit or rebuilding credit (since I've been denied a credit card in the last 3 months). 

Try it again and put in Excellent credit.  Capital One's definition of Excellent is making on-time payments for like 6 months and it looks like your Discover is older than that.  If it comes up with the QS (no annual fee), Venture or VentureOne, I would apply for one of those. 

The QS1 is a really good card, straight up 1.5% cashback.  I was able to get the card upgrade to a QS WMC with no fee after 9 months.  So the card can grow as your profile ages.  You might be disappointed with your starting limit but it will be enrolled in Credit steps and many people including myself have gotten a CLI at 3 months AND the credit steps increase.

Did anything come up on Amex?  Do you know your EX score?

Sometimes I wonder about Cap1's prequal page and if they are pulling old data. I cant prequal for anything other than subprime cards and at the moment my lowest CL is $5K with discover. No derogs either. But granted my oldest card is 1yr and 5 months old and my AAOA is at about 1 year. I have seen others with AAOA similar to mine get better prequals from Cap1. They are one creditor I just cant figure out. I probably have a better chance cold apping. My VentureOne was via cold app.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they do pull old data

They kept qualifying me for a platinum and QS1. Even when I put in excellent credit.

Message 25 of 28
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
...I made that hard inquiry before this month's statement, and Discover reports that my FICO score went up from 746 to 750. Is the hard inquiry taken into account in there?

The Chase hard pull was likely EX or EQ - your Discover FICO is using data from TU.

Congrats on the Cap1 card!

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! QS1 was my first Cashback card!
Message 27 of 28
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.