Congrats on the CL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

@kerplunk wrote:

Citi gave me a $9,200 credit line. Do I risk calling in and asking for a higher limit once I've received the card?

I am thinking about making this my default go-to card.

Other cards:

Discover it ($23,500)
Chase Freedom ($18,000)
Chase Freedom Unlimited ($7,800)
U.S. Bank Cash+ ($16,000)

Credit score: 835

Nice SL and score, OP! Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Nice SL, even a little bit envious...

Congratulations

-J

Message 13 of 18
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

Nice SL, even a little bit envious...

Congratulations

-J

No need to be envious! I signed up for my other 4 credit cards when I was 18-19 years old, which means this is the first credit card I've applied to in nearly 15 years! Haha... I suspect that's why my credit scores are so high as well. I don't churn cards like a lot of folks do here.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:

Citi gave me a $9,200 credit line. Do I risk calling in and asking for a higher limit once I've received the card?

I am thinking about making this my default go-to card.

Other cards:

Discover it ($23,500)
Chase Freedom ($18,000)
Chase Freedom Unlimited ($7,800)
U.S. Bank Cash+ ($16,000)

Credit score: 835

Congrats on your Double Cash approval.

I wouldn't call in.

Set up the online account at citi.com then navigate to Services > Credit Card Services > Request a Credit Line Increase.  If you see the following form you should be able to get a soft pull CLI.  In my experience, the ability to request a soft pull CLI was available shortly after activating the card.

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 6.14.44 PM.png

Awesome! I just did this and got an increase. I did not know this service was available! I have over 800 across the board and was started at about $5k and the soft pull put me up around $8k. I have had the card since earlier this year.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats; now set your calendar for six months from today to ask for another soft pull CLI.

wrote:

Awesome! I just did this and got an increase. I did not know this service was available! I have over 800 across the board and was started at about $5k and the soft pull put me up around $8k. I have had the card since earlier this year.

Message 16 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Even for folks who dont have many cards or competition in the wallet, Citi has been a bit stingy on initial CLs on the DC esp in the not too distant past.. hence the slight envy.... Its not just the folks who have a lot of cards who have had this happen..... Again... Congratulations =)

Message 17 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would wait a year. I have the Double Cash card  they like to see a payment history with them (my opinion). They will give some nice CLI's but I only ask once a year if that.  I started at 6,500 and now it is 11,100 in less than 5 years.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.