Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double The Love! (CLI)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double The Love! (CLI)

Hey guys! Thought I'd share I just got 2 SP CLIs on my Citi Cards just now.

Citi DC went from 8.6K to 10.2K

Citi TYP went from 4.1 to 5.5K

Now I just gotta figure out what to do with my TYP that I don't use and is SD'd. I was trying to PC it to a Costco visa but no luck! 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double The Love! (CLI)

Are you a costco member...? 

And congrats on the SP...how did you get it? Pop up screen?

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Smiley Happy And yes I am a costco member. I did the CLI via there "CLI" option under account management. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Smiley Happy And yes I am a costco member. I did the CLI via there "CLI" option under account management. 

Ahh I see. To the best of my knowledge, you can't pc to a co-branded card.

So not all cli's from citi are hp hmmm..

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're the only person I've ever come across on the boards here with a DC limit above a few thousand dollars. Feel lucky Citi has given you that kind of limit with that card, as I've heard Citi doesn't make a while lot of money off of it due to the 2% cash back, which probably explains why most of them are World or World Elite versions. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're the only person I've ever come across on the boards here with a DC limit above a few thousand dollars. Feel lucky Citi has given you that kind of limit with that card, as I've heard Citi doesn't make a while lot of money off of it due to the 2% cash back, which probably explains why most of them are World or World Elite versions. 

I really think it's because I use the card all the time. It's one of my primaries! I was surprised by my TYP CLI because I barely use it and don't have a need for it.

Message 6 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys! Thought I'd share I just got 2 SP CLIs on my Citi Cards just now.

Citi DC went from 8.6K to 10.2K

Citi TYP went from 4.1 to 5.5K

Now I just gotta figure out what to do with my TYP that I don't use and is SD'd. I was trying to PC it to a Costco visa but no luck! 

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys think I should wait to open the new costco account as I just received SP CLIs from them on 2 of my cards? 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're the only person I've ever come across on the boards here with a DC limit above a few thousand dollars. 

My orginal SL in 2015 for the Double Cash was $6,000, which was raised to $7,400 ten months later.

I did notice several others getting approved for $6,800 and $7k starting limits for the Double Cash around that same time, but they also had high FICO scores.

I can't explain how Citi makes decisions about SL for their cards, but they have been a good lender for me and for the two cards I have with them. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.