cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi - Hilton Reserve & Prestige - Approved!

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Citi - Hilton Reserve & Prestige - Approved!

Since the rules at Citi were changing, I put in two applications. Neither one was instant.

I applied first for the Hilton Reserve, which after meeting the minimum spend, will earn me two weekend nights. I'll also have Hilton Gold status for as long as I carry the Reserve card, IIRC. I was prompted via email to call in to verify information. I was asked a few questions, placed on hold, but the representative came back on the line with a $25k approval! Smiley Happy

Since the rules were changing as of 8/28 in regards to being able to earn the bonus, I schlepped about an hour to the nearest Citibank branch. As a Citigold customer, the Prestige annual fee is only $350. I waited an hour at the branch to apply because that was the only way to get the reduced $350 annual fee versus $450. The application was pending for over a week, but finally was approved for $12k without any verification call. I may or may not get the sign-up bonus of 40k TYP due to the application was entered on the 27th but ended up not approved until September...  but it was worth a shot and I'll see whether I get awarded the TYP once I meet the minimum spend requirement. 

I might apply for the new Costco Visa, but there was no urgent rush for that. 

I am very thankful for all of the tidbits of wisdom from myfico.com over the years...  when I started reading here i had a lowly $500 limit with Citi. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi - Hilton Reserve & Prestige - Approved!

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Since the rules at Citi were changing, I put in two applications. Neither one was instant.

I applied first for the Hilton Reserve, which after meeting the minimum spend, will earn me two weekend nights. I'll also have Hilton Gold status for as long as I carry the Reserve card, IIRC. I was prompted via email to call in to verify information. I was asked a few questions, placed on hold, but the representative came back on the line with a $25k approval! Smiley Happy

Since the rules were changing as of 8/28 in regards to being able to earn the bonus, I schlepped about an hour to the nearest Citibank branch. As a Citigold customer, the Prestige annual fee is only $350. I waited an hour at the branch to apply because that was the only way to get the reduced $350 annual fee versus $450. The application was pending for over a week, but finally was approved for $12k without any verification call. I may or may not get the sign-up bonus of 40k TYP due to the application was entered on the 27th but ended up not approved until September...  but it was worth a shot and I'll see whether I get awarded the TYP once I meet the minimum spend requirement. 

I might apply for the new Costco Visa, but there was no urgent rush for that. 

I am very thankful for all of the tidbits of wisdom from myfico.com over the years...  when I started reading here i had a lowly $500 limit with Citi. 

Congrats , nice healthy limits.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 2 of 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats!!!!! 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is fantastic Creditunionfan, congrats on the double approvals. Very nice SL on both Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
TruBlu
Contributor

Nice set of approvals and great cards to have. Congrats!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's quite the drive to get to a citi branch!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prestige isn't for me, but that Citi Reserve with 2 nights, It's on my radar.  Only thing I'm having trouble pinpointing is WHERE they can be used.  I think there's restrictions.

Otherwise, I'll be right there with you in 5 months with a Reserve.  All about the free Hilton cookies.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.