Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hp CLi success upon activation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Hp CLi success upon activation

Citi can be weird. I recently applied and was approved for Citi simplicity which had 0% for 21 months balance transfer offer. I needed to do a transfer of 1500 and they approved me for 1400 :/.  So i had to patiently wait for the card to come and activate it first before i requested for an increase of 6000 via online. i got a rejection letter citing too many new accounts. i called in for them to reconsider and the customer representative told me that to connect me to credit dept i had to put in a cli request . which i did wondering why would they ask me to put in another request. btw for the first request i did not see any hp on eq thought the letter said they pulled eq. Anyways for this second request i was transferred to a credit analyst.  i thought i may have to explain my need for cli and answer a lot of things like new accounts , job etc etc... but nothing , he told me wait for a few minutes and he congratulated me saying i was approved for the full amount requested. bizarre but i am happy 

now my utilization wont show high for 1500 transfer ithat i made. so far i dont see any hps. i hope there is one hp not two Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Hp CLi success upon activation

Weird but at least you got what you neededSmiley Happy. Enjoy itSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried a HP last month and was declined. Smiley Sad 

Happy for you though!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

did u try calling the number on the back of the card? online request was denied for me as well. but the very same day the denial letter came ,a request via call was approved

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I waited too long. Oh well!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 👍🏾

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.