Did you mean: 

Citi Premier, Macy's AMEX,

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Citi Premier, Macy's AMEX,

A productive couple of days. 

Macy's AMEX, $1K SL, instant approval.    This was a card I've wanted for a while but I kept pushing it off.  I had choice of store care or AMEX so chose the AMEX.

Citi Premier, $11K SL, 16.74% APR, instant approval, SUB of 50K TYP/$4K w/1st year AF waived.   I was waiting for the Rewards+ to be released but as it turns out that, like the Sears MC, it doesn't support transfer of TYP to partner airlines, and the re-released Prestige would be overkill. 

Also AMEX BGR with the $0 1st year AF specified in my T&C.   Will see if they honor that. 

Citi always liked me, but has never really loved me.  They still don't love me, but it feels like they're starting to like me a bit more. 

Relevant DP:

The Premier was from a cold app, no preapproval. 

CitiGroup pulled their own HP and did not reuse the one pulled by the Citi Retail group, even though both apps were on the same day.

These made HP #33 and #34 over the last 24 months from EX.      I'd argue that Citi is not necessarily inquiry-adverse. 

This puts me at 51/24, with 1 application (HSBC) pending their review of my POI.   I think I'm done for a while unless someone comes out with an absolute killer card. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Premier, Macy's AMEX,

That's a great SL on the Premier, congrats on both pick ups!!!  

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals , macys will grow rapidly !!!!

Message 3 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Awesome SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.. Citi doesn't care about inquires it all depends on the overall profile some people they will list it is as just an excuse when there is really another reason they were denied.  as I have got approved with TONS of inquiries and accounts.

Message 5 of 15
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply for the Macy’s in store?
Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats ColdSmiley Happy CC, you may be right. I feel like Citi doesnt like me but truth be told its most likely my low income that stunts my growth. Cant say they hate me as i do get approvals from them lol
Message 8 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats ColdSmiley Happy CC, you may be right. I feel like Citi doesnt like me but truth be told its most likely my low income that stunts my growth. Cant say they hate me as i do get approvals from them lol

shrug never been denied a card by them and have had 6 cards with them or so and always around 30ish new accounts in any given 2 year period of time.

Message 9 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats Coldfusion! And I thought I was busy over the last 24 months!Smiley Very Happy

I was tempted to app for a personal Citi card last week, but figured they'd HP me again or reject the app because of the recent Business CC. lol

I'll save it for another time I suppose. They've never denied me either on the last 4 CC's. Like clockwork, I always have to call in and talk to a UW before I'm approved. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.