tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Premier SP + HP CLIs -> $30k CL

@imaximous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Very nice! Congrats on the full CLI request! Like you said, though, you probably could've asked for more and let Citi counter. All good if you don't have big spending plans for the card anyway.

Just saw your other post in the CC forum. Sorry I didn't get a chance to chime in. I did apply on a weekday, so the response time was about one business day. They processed the HP request the day after the SP approval. 

Thanks, @imaximous! It was stupid on my part bc I got into the line of thinking that I wouldn't get much at to begin with so I low-balled myself as a result 😐 No worries since I really don't push spend on the card atm and depending on how bad the itch is I can always do it again. And no worries on not chiming in over there it was more a check to make sure my request didn't slip through the cracks and I'm impatient as hell lol

I am also really impatient for stuff like this, haha. I'm not sure if it was already mentioned, but the reason the HP request takes longer is that it's not an automated approval/denial. I was told they do a manual review, so it's done when an analyst gets to it. Since you applied on the weekend, it makes sense they didn't work on it till Monday.

That's what I figured once @CreditCuriosity said it might take til Monday to process it. And impatient people unite! Smiley LOL

Message 41 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Marz2002 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Very much appreciated, @Marz2002! Glad to see you're still around as well Smiley Wink

- LOL, this is my Second home! Smiley Very Happy

Smiley LOL

Message 42 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on getting it! Smiley Happy

Thank you kindly, sir!

Message 43 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Big congrats on scoring the consecutive CLIs @simplynoir.  $30K is definitely pretty impressive!

I want moar, @FinStar lol

Message 44 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Dreams_Come_True wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!

Thank you, @Dreams_Come_True!

Message 45 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! 

Message 46 of 51
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Wow!  Huge congratulations and that was certainly worth the HP.  Part of me wants to go crazy and say "match BOA" next time around (hoping they'll meet me like 20% of the way LOL), the other part of me reminds myself that it's growing a little every 6 months and I don't use it very much.  It was on my radar to take the HP after last month's increase because I was expecting to go HP CLI crazy with a few lenders, but since they ended up being SPs and my INQs are falling off left and right (none scoreable on EQ, and in a few weeks only 2 TU and 3 EX) I decided not to.

You mentioned you aren't using it since the Japan trip.  Are they not giving you targeted 5x TYP offers, or are they just not in categories matching your spend?

Message 47 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! 

Thank you, @Anonymous!

Message 48 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Wow!  Huge congratulations and that was certainly worth the HP.  Part of me wants to go crazy and say "match BOA" next time around (hoping they'll meet me like 20% of the way LOL), the other part of me reminds myself that it's growing a little every 6 months and I don't use it very much.  It was on my radar to take the HP after last month's increase because I was expecting to go HP CLI crazy with a few lenders, but since they ended up being SPs and my INQs are falling off left and right (none scoreable on EQ, and in a few weeks only 2 TU and 3 EX) I decided not to.

You mentioned you aren't using it since the Japan trip.  Are they not giving you targeted 5x TYP offers, or are they just not in categories matching your spend?

Yes, it was. Thanks, @K-in-Boston ! Depending on how bad the itch is come September I may just go full yolo with the request like with BofA whenever I get around to it. To me I have so many EX hardpulls it's become a "what's one more?" kind of deal with me. Plus, I have a lot of them coming off soon so it's worth it regardless

I only got my first 5x TYP offer just late last month which is usable if I want to do it. They've been not sending any my way and I don't bother to call to see if they offer any either. Do you know if they regularly send them out?

Message 49 of 51
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'd say that 5x offers (or sometimes 5 extra TYPs, as much as 8x which can really add up) have been fairly consistent every 3-6 months on Premier (mine turns 2 next month).  It seems like I used to also get 5% offers on Diamond Preferred constantly until I did the PC to Rewards+ when that was launched; nothing since, although there was more incentive for them back then since I had a 21 month 0% balance transfer and purchase APR on that card prior to the PC.  When there are offers, they do a good job of getting the word out via email and often in the post as well.  Curiously, I don't recall ever seeing offers like that in my actual online account (balance transfer and Flex loan offers, sure).

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.