Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Premier approval

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Congrats.

AmEx is sad they didn't make the cut again.

That's next month. Hefty spend on that one, so I have to time it just right so it gets done in a month. 

When it comes to AMEX, I'll believe it when I see it.  Smiley Tongue

Congrats on the card.  Heart

It will get done, had to knock down fussier ones first 

New accounts, inquires blah blah blah blah. 

Just don't overthink it.  You're at a point where you can apply when it's convenient for you to do so.

Yeah, like after i sleep and not after eating fish. I probably have mercury build up on my brain after yesterday 

Message 31 of 81
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Great job, my friend!  screamer.gif

IMHO this is a great choice for 'scratching the itch'!  Smiley Very Happy  (And that's a great starting CL with Citi as well.)

Again, congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for like a boss dog

Message 32 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Huge congrats!  I have to say that this was totally unexpected.  Insomnia apps can be dangerous; at least it's a great card and you now have a 3.75% gas card to earn literally tens of dollars in rewards over the next few decades.  #50dollargasquarteronfreedom Smiley Tongue

Really a decent SL for Premier.  Mine was only $3,000.  Welcome to the ThankYou Points family!  While many people can and do get a HP CLI on activation, for best results I'd suggest waiting the 4-10 weeks until you get the SP language for a CLI, then doing the HP immediately if necessary.

Message 33 of 81
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.

Message 34 of 81
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

Great job, my friend!  screamer.gif

IMHO this is a great choice for 'scratching the itch'!  Smiley Very Happy  (And that's a great starting CL with Citi as well.)

Again, congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for like a boss dog

I'm almost a big girl 👸 Heart

Message 35 of 81
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Huge congrats!  I have to say that this was totally unexpected.  Insomnia apps can be dangerous; at least it's a great card and you now have a 3.75% gas card to earn literally tens of dollars in rewards over the next few decades.  #50dollargasquarteronfreedom Smiley Tongue

Really a decent SL for Premier.  Mine was only $3,000.  Welcome to the ThankYou Points family!  While many people can and do get a HP CLI on activation, for best results I'd suggest waiting the 4-10 weeks until you get the SP language for a CLI, then doing the HP immediately if necessary.

Thanks, K. Considering my spending on gas, this should be fun. It's a fling, we aint gonna make it long term. 

I already addressed looking at signatures, so ... Imma gonna need a list 

Message 36 of 81
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.

I dont have any other accounts with them, and I never did in the past

I was just surprised that they verbally took correct SS after I butchered it on the app, without asking for any documentation 🤷‍♀️

Message 37 of 81
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@randomguy1  I don't think a bank account matter's with Citi. I have had 5 cards from them.

lowest was a Simplicity for $8K rest were  over $10K starting SL's. I was lucky to be an outlier

as @K-in-Boston says. to get the Simplicity Closed and The CL moved to one of My Double Cash Cards.

Even Though Citi said; "IT COULD'NT BE DONE"Smiley LOL

Message 38 of 81
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info all, good to know!
Message 39 of 81
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Oh drats...$5200.00 That $200.00 is going to ruin my life 

Message 40 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.