Citi Premier approval

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Premier approval

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.

I dont have any other accounts with them, and I never did in the past

I was just surprised that they verbally took correct SS after I butchered it on the app, without asking for any documentation 🤷‍♀️

One bit of warning: comparatively speaking their fraud detection algorithms can be fairly aggressive, don't be shocked if you get a text requesting validation or a denial on your first large purchase that is followed in several minutes by a phonecall from a security analyst to confirm it was you.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 41 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Oh drats...$5200.00 That $200.00 is going to ruin my life 

Welcome to the $xx,200 and $xx,700 4life club!

Message 42 of 81
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Citi be wierd like that.  I have CLs from them ending in 701, 200, and 300.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 43 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats for the card and thanks for the data points. I'm looking to get a 1 or maybe 2 Citi cards while I still have bank accounts with them myself.

I was just surprised that they verbally took correct SS after I butchered it on the app, without asking for any documentation 🤷‍♀️

One bit of warning: comparatively speaking their fraud detection algorithms can be fairly aggressive, don't be shocked if you get a text requesting validation or a denial on your first large purchase that is followed in several minutes by a phonecall from a security analyst to confirm it was you.

If I can paraphrase a great explorer, Jinxer no jinxing!  I've been lucky with them and never had an alert.  Fingers crossed.

Message 44 of 81
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

I somehow ended up with a $200 on my DoubleCash as well.  Smiley Indifferent

It's almost (but not quite) worth taking a HP just to be able to request a specific amount, but with my luck they would be unable to approve my entire request and I would end up with yet another oddball limit. Smiley Frustrated

Message 45 of 81
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

If I can paraphrase a great explorer, Jinxer no jinxing!  I've been lucky with them and never had an alert.  Fingers crossed.

LOL!  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for swiper

The last time I used my DoubleCash for a "keep alive" purchase was for a bag of ice in a different state and it went through with no drama.  It had been a while since I had used the card and I was expecting some hassle but there was none.

That was back in the spring... I guess it's time for another bag of ice.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 81
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

I have stories including when I bought my iPhone7 from the Target in Salem NH.   

think the best one though was the letter addressed to my estate asking what kind of payment arrangements were going to be made to satisfy my account.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 47 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah, my last 6 or 7 out-of-state trips I forgot to set travel notifications on my Premier.  No issues.

Message 48 of 81
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

lolwut the 701 😂

Message 49 of 81
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

lolwut the 701 😂

I was like **bleep**

Not worth my taking a HP to try to adjust it.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 50 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.