Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Premier approval

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Premier approval

Congrats, Remmy! Nice card and not a bad SL at all! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 71 of 81
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats RemeliciousSmiley Happy Looks like Santa's bringing you all the Premium cards to your household this yearSmiley Wink
Message 72 of 81
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Thanks ❤

I've been goodie two shoes while in garden's naughty chair lol
Message 73 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  Gardening is hard. I got them thingies you put on a key chain from every grocery store because something is getting filled out 😐

I totally get it. I chase the preapp pages and get excited about mailers just because it makes me feel kinda close. Unfortunately the possibility of new real property in my life means I gotta hang up the spurs and live vicariously through y'all now (and only live that SP CLI lyfe). Hopefully soon we'll get to tell Socks that we have acclaimated to Altitude sickness and want to go higher. 

Message 74 of 81
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Socks Bank does not want to love me.

I love them, whenever I'm not hating them...which accurately describes all my relationships
Message 75 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
Socks Bank does not want to love me.

I love them, whenever I'm not hating them...which accurately describes all my relationships

This is called balance. 

Message 76 of 81
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
Applied online, went to "we'll let you know" status, I decided to call in case it was verification.
Automated system could not find the application via last 4 of SS.
Really nice CSR verified info, and told me I transposed last two digits.
I told her I never wrote/entered my SS without transposing numbers, and that I consider two digits to be a success.
Sent me a text and was able to get an approval. SL $5200, not too worried about it, it will grow, and I'm not opposed to taking HP if I need to.
EX pulled, currently at 759. In two days, most of my HPs will be gone, but I've had so many, I haven't lost a single point since November 2017, so I figured might as well do it now.
Anyway, I'm severely sleep deprived so this app seemed like a good idea.
There might be some serious *,regerts* after I have enough coffee.
4 new accounts in the last year (maybe three, cant remember when I got Freedom).

Congratulations. In my book it's an excellent card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 77 of 81
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica  So, it's been a keeper for you? 

Message 78 of 81
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@GApeachy  Thanks. I see you've been a busy girl, too Heart

3 tips about the Premier card:

1. even though it's a travel card, don't use it for car rentals, because they've recently dropped the car rental insurance (i wonder when they'll wake up to the fact that that was a bad idea)

2. when you're ready to come out of the garden, the citi double cash card is now an excellent companion card (a) you can transfer your double cash rewards 1:1 to thankyou points (b) if you go that route, be sure to close the thankyou point account assigned to your double cash card and roll it into the account for the premier card, where the thankyou points are worth more. so with the double cash card on hand, you can get the equivalent of 2 thankyou points on non-category spend

3. most folks find the best way to maximize value is to transfer points with travel partners

Message 79 of 81
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@SouthJamaica  So, it's been a keeper for you? 

More than a keeper, it's actually my favorite card for purchases. I like that it's 3 points for an extremely wide swath of travel spend, including parking, gas, tolls, public transportation fares, cab fares, etc, in addition to what we usually think of as travel. And I like that it's 2 points for both dining and entertainment.

I'm fond of JetBlue, and the ThankYou points trade 1:1 for JetBlue points, which are worth 1.5 cents to me. So normally, for any of those 'travel' expenses I'm getting a 4.5% return, and on dining and entertainment I'm getting a 3% return.

Plus, sometimes JetBlue has a 'sale' where TYP's get you 1.25 JetBlue points instead of 1. (Most recently there was a sale like that last month). When I can make that trade, the return on the card is really 5.6% for 'travel' spend and 3.75% for dining and entertainment.

Plus, as I mentioned in my 'tips', having the Premier card -- and having my Double Cash derived points moved into my Premier TYP account -- elevated the return on my Double Cash card from 2% to 3%.

According to the travel points blogs, there are even more lucrative travel partners than JetBlue.

As to CLI's it's easy to get a soft pull CLI every 6 months.

So what's not to like?

Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.