Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige Approval!

My second credit card! Approved with $6500 limit with only eight months of credit history. Previously only held Citi Secured Mastercard with $2000 limit, but no late payment and credit utilization always under 30%. My TransUnion score was 730 at the time of application. I was not immediately approved, but I applied in branch, so my relationship manager called the reconsideration line right after and got it approved. 

Other affiliation: I do have Citigold with them, don't know if that helps with credit card apps. 

P.S. Does anyone know if Citi still sends the first card through FedEx overnight? I have been hearing mixed answers by now. 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige Approval!

Congrats on your Citi approval and SL!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and SL! 

I don't know if they express the first credit card or not. Hopefully, someone will chime in soon. n

Message 3 of 14
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the nice card!

When I got my 2nd Citi Card last month (the Premier), I inquired about expedited shipping. Lady said they don't do expedited for "security reasons". Go figure Smiley Very Happy

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 4 of 14
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Yes they do expedite. I got the Prestige over a month ago and it was overnighted via fedex.
Message 5 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice SL!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Prestige approval OP.

Typically, in order to expedite (at least IME), it occurs during the review/verification process via phone (even while in the branch), they either offer that option or you can ask right before the application is finalized and processed. Otherwise it ships via regular mail.
Message 7 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new card OP Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get hold of the card. 

Also called Citi today, for some reason they actually sent it out through USPS mail (Citi IT...oh well). They said it should come in three to five days from today. If it does not come through, they can request a replacement sent via FedEx (why you cannot do it in the first place though?). I did receive the PPS card today and they were mailed on the same day (May 21st), hopefully the credit card itself will come soon. 

Message 9 of 14
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get hold of the card. 

Also called Citi today, for some reason they actually sent it out through USPS mail (Citi IT...oh well). They said it should come in three to five days from today. If it does not come through, they can request a replacement sent via FedEx (why you cannot do it in the first place though?). I did receive the PPS card today and they were mailed on the same day (May 21st), hopefully the credit card itself will come soon. 

When I got my lowly Platinum Select about a month ago I did a bunch of research ahead of time in regards to them expediting your first Citi (specifically AA) card and it seems like them almost never do. I did see one example of someone getting it but it seemed like a rare exception. It seemed like they are more likely to expedite the Premier/Prestiges more often but even then it seemed hit or miss. I received mine via USPS in exactly ten days (regular days, not business days).

Also: Congrats on the new card! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.