Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Approved 11k woohoo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige Approved 11k woohoo

Excited and also pretty surprised about my new Citi Prestige approval. This was a card I had slated to apply for in 2017, but decided to shore up my lineup a bit early due to planned travel for early next year.

Approved for $11,000. I really didn't expect that at all!

Currently I have two other cards with Citi, AAdvantage and Double Cash. I've been a Citi customer since August 2015. Current Citi cards are used fairly frequently. EX pulled and no new inquiries on EX since May.

Next week I'll focus on closing out my Neiman Marcus tradeline of 18k to streamline my profile and get things in order of where I would like them to be (closing and consolidating cards is very much a part of the overall picture as well).

Very happy with the approval! We have an international trip scheduled for next year and the $250 airline credit will be helpful.

The 4th night free feature is a nice one as well, and it's wonderful that this feature can be used over and over with no limit.

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone! Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 10.14.26 AM.png

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige Approved 11k woohoo

SUPER congrats HumuSmiley HappySmiley Happy. This is fantastic. Your recent mini spree is wonderful in that you got what you wanted so for that i applaud youSmiley Happy . Enjoy your new Citi card and a very great and safe weekend to youSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 39
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Way to go! One of my favorite cards in my wallet. Enjoy the perks.
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
SUPER congrats HumuSmiley HappySmiley Happy. This is fantastic. Your recent mini spree is wonderful in that you got what you wanted so for that i applaud youSmiley Happy . Enjoy your new Citi card and a very great and safe weekend to youSmiley Happy

Thank you, AveragesJoes! 2 cards only (this one plus Alaska), but cards that will be much needed and used. Very excited!

Have a great weekend also and good to hear from you! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Thank you, Ysettle, I'm very excited about it! I'm glad you have the card as well.

Were you able to get the $250 airline credit out once the first calendar year and once several months later due to the calendar year situation? I've heard that a number of people have done that, but I'm not sure quite how to go about it. That would be amazing.

Message 5 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on another great addition to your card collection

Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on another great addition to your card collection

Hi, CC, thank you! I appreciate your kind words and nice to see you. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 39
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Thank you, Ysettle, I'm very excited about it! I'm glad you have the card as well.

Were you able to get the $250 airline credit out once the first calendar year and once several months later due to the calendar year situation? I've heard that a number of people have done that, but I'm not sure quite how to go about it. That would be amazing.

Yes. I was one of them so it is possible. 

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Yes. I was one of them so it is possible. 

That's great! We need to talk about this, definitely! Please send me a pm so I know how to go about this! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 39
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Congrats humu!  Do you mind sharing your scores and inquiries?  I was thinking on applying as well...thanks!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.