Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Rewards+

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Rewards+

So I got shot down by Citi for too many new accounts in February but I was looking for a card to help me with some shopping I need to do and after debating whether or not I wanted to tempt fate with Comenity, I decided to take another shot at a Citi card. Since the SUB is worth $150, I went for the Rewards+. 

E10C3624-FD5B-4AF2-A0B0-70D50E3262FB.jpeg

$1900 for Citi with my low income and my current $2700 of revolving debt is not too shabby!

I thought for sure I would run afoul of their 6 inquiries in 6 months rule but they pulled TU which only had 3 in 6 and EQ which only had 2 in 6 so even if they added both, I was good. 

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Rewards+

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got shot down by Citi for too many new accounts in February but I was looking for a card to help me with some shopping I need to do and after debating whether or not I wanted to tempt fate with Comenity, I decided to take another shot at a Citi card. Since the SUB is worth $150, I went for the Rewards+. 

$1900 for Citi with my low income and my current $2700 of revolving debt is not too shabby!

I thought for sure I would run afoul of their 6 inquiries in 6 months rule but they pulled TU which only had 3 in 6 and EQ which only had 2 in 6 so even if they added both, I was good. 

Congratulations. That seems like a very useful card to have in your wallet.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice grab. Hopefully it grows. Citi hasn't been too kind to me increase wise but I've seen others have much more luck.

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations. That seems like a very useful card to have in your wallet.

Thank you!

It is definitely a bit of a flexible card. Time will tell with how useful it is longterm since it’s my only points card but I have my in with Citi at least. Even before my BK I never interested Citi so this one is a bit of an accomplishment for me. Smiley Happy

They didn’t even hit me with the highest APR of 25.49% after the first 15 at 0%, the ongoing is 21.49% which is better than all of my non-CU cards except Disco which is 18.24%. 

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice grab. Hopefully it grows. Citi hasn't been too kind to me increase wise but I've seen others have much more luck.

Thank you!

Yeah I have heard that Citi can be a tough nut to crack sometimes. Time will tell. If it doesn’t, I will optimize next time and get a DC. 

Message 5 of 37
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Nice card.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Nice card.

Thank you!

It actually does seem like it’s not a bad card, maybe I’ll test it as my groceries card since I like to send my personal care to pick up a spicy mcchicken or two as well and that would be an easy 10 TYP for $2 in charges. 

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The SUB is worth $150, just make sure you redeem for gift cards or travel only. Other redemptions are a poor value. Luckily they have a large selection of gift cards so it's easy to find something you can potentially use. The card has a certain niche i.e. small purchases, and the signup bonus isn't bad. Congrats on getting in with Citi.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.