cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Rewards+

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Citi Rewards+

So I got shot down by Citi for too many new accounts in February but I was looking for a card to help me with some shopping I need to do and after debating whether or not I wanted to tempt fate with Comenity, I decided to take another shot at a Citi card. Since the SUB is worth $150, I went for the Rewards+. 

E10C3624-FD5B-4AF2-A0B0-70D50E3262FB.jpeg

$1900 for Citi with my low income and my current $2700 of revolving debt is not too shabby!

I thought for sure I would run afoul of their 6 inquiries in 6 months rule but they pulled TU which only had 3 in 6 and EQ which only had 2 in 6 so even if they added both, I was good. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Rewards+

@Saeren wrote:

So I got shot down by Citi for too many new accounts in February but I was looking for a card to help me with some shopping I need to do and after debating whether or not I wanted to tempt fate with Comenity, I decided to take another shot at a Citi card. Since the SUB is worth $150, I went for the Rewards+. 

$1900 for Citi with my low income and my current $2700 of revolving debt is not too shabby!

I thought for sure I would run afoul of their 6 inquiries in 6 months rule but they pulled TU which only had 3 in 6 and EQ which only had 2 in 6 so even if they added both, I was good. 

Congratulations. That seems like a very useful card to have in your wallet.

Total revolving limits 719k (592500 reporting) FICO 8 scores: EQ 735 TU 782 EX 746
Message 2 of 37
Contributor

Nice grab. Hopefully it grows. Citi hasn't been too kind to me increase wise but I've seen others have much more luck.

Current Collection:

Future Additions:
Message 3 of 37
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Congratulations. That seems like a very useful card to have in your wallet.

Thank you!

It is definitely a bit of a flexible card. Time will tell with how useful it is longterm since it’s my only points card but I have my in with Citi at least. Even before my BK I never interested Citi so this one is a bit of an accomplishment for me. Smiley Happy

They didn’t even hit me with the highest APR of 25.49% after the first 15 at 0%, the ongoing is 21.49% which is better than all of my non-CU cards except Disco which is 18.24%. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 4 of 37
Super Contributor

@GardenPro wrote:

Nice grab. Hopefully it grows. Citi hasn't been too kind to me increase wise but I've seen others have much more luck.

Thank you!

Yeah I have heard that Citi can be a tough nut to crack sometimes. Time will tell. If it doesn’t, I will optimize next time and get a DC. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Message 5 of 37
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice card.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 6 of 37
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 37
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Nice card.

Thank you!

It actually does seem like it’s not a bad card, maybe I’ll test it as my groceries card since I like to send my personal care to pick up a spicy mcchicken or two as well and that would be an easy 10 TYP for $2 in charges. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Message 8 of 37
Super Contributor

@Hasselfree wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Message 9 of 37
Super Contributor

The SUB is worth $150, just make sure you redeem for gift cards or travel only. Other redemptions are a poor value. Luckily they have a large selection of gift cards so it's easy to find something you can potentially use. The card has a certain niche i.e. small purchases, and the signup bonus isn't bad. Congrats on getting in with Citi.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.